Please Help!!!

So, I had my USB headset plugged in, and I got up and accidently stepped on the cord, and it ripped out of the USB port, which tore out the protective plastic that prevents short circuiting. I was not aware of this at the time, so I put a screwdriver into the usb port to fix one of the prongs, and the computer shut off and wont turn back on. I think it may have short circuited, the charging light still comes on, I just cant turn on the computer.

You probably killed something. You're never supposed to use metal (such as a screwdriver) on electronics that are powered. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

yeahhh I think you messed up a bit, try turning of the PSU for a bit and then recycle power.

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

You probably killed something. You're never supposed to use metal (such as a screwdriver) on electronics that are powered. 

How exactly would I find out what I killed? 

4 minutes ago, KnightHawk1401 said:

How exactly would I find out what I killed? 

If it was a front panel USB header then try unplugging the front panel header from the mobo.

1 minute ago, jgoonatilaka said:

If it was a front panel USB header then try unplugging the front panel header from the mobo.

I forgot to mention its a laptop

Just now, KnightHawk1401 said:

I forgot to mention its a laptop

OHHH BOYYY, yeah that could mean trouble.

2 minutes ago, jgoonatilaka said:

OHHH BOYYY, yeah that could mean trouble.

damnn, okay.

3 minutes ago, KnightHawk1401 said:

damnn, okay.

Pull the battery out, even if you have to disassemble to do it, if it has a cmos battery remove that too.  Reinstall both batteries, reassemble and cross your fingers...

1 minute ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Pull the battery out, even if you have to disassemble to do it, if it has a cmos battery remove that too.  Reinstall both batteries, reassemble and cross your fingers...

alrighty, will do, thanks for helping, whats the chance of it turning back on?

And that's why you should use a toothpick instead of a screwdriver

Remove the battery, wait for a while and then try again

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

That front panel connector is connected to the motherboard directly, the protective layer is gone from the port and you shorted it? If I have got this right, and please tell me if I am mistaken, then it looks the short has also carried through to a part of the motherboard and by the looks of things, if I have this right, you have a dead motherboard. Obviously if any other suggestions work then dont listen to me but should I be right and your motherboard is dead then you might be able to find one on ebay or another used parts site, but if you arnt comfortable doing that kind of operation on a laptop (like me) then you may aswell buy a new one.

Iv already said it but il say it again, if im mistaken please tell me because I dont want to be wrong about advice for somebody who needs it because I could cost you more money on parts even if the laptop works :)

Usb short circuit can kill a pc

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Usb short circuit can kill a pc

I completely forgot about a video by austin evans where he tested it and unless you have some sort of added protection on your usb (which you probably dont have) that charge goes straight into the motherboard and fries it. Looks like its dead :(

43 minutes ago, ToastedVivid said:

That front panel connector is connected to the motherboard directly, the protective layer is gone from the port and you shorted it? If I have got this right, and please tell me if I am mistaken, then it looks the short has also carried through to a part of the motherboard and by the looks of things, if I have this right, you have a dead motherboard. Obviously if any other suggestions work then dont listen to me but should I be right and your motherboard is dead then you might be able to find one on ebay or another used parts site, but if you arnt comfortable doing that kind of operation on a laptop (like me) then you may aswell buy a new one.

Iv already said it but il say it again, if im mistaken please tell me because I dont want to be wrong about advice for somebody who needs it because I could cost you more money on parts even if the laptop works :)

Alrighty, thanx for the help.