Corsair H60 and i7 8700 (non-k) idling at 35c?

Hey guys, first post on this forum. Anyway, I just built a computer with a gigabyte z370 ultra gaming motherboard, an i7 8700 (non-k) CPU and with that a corsair H60 liquid cooler. I'm getting a constant 35 degrees celsius on idle and last night when playing planetside 2 it peaked around 61 degrees. Shouldn't my temps be a little bit more controlled? was hoping to see a 30 degree idle and perhaps a 50 degree game load. Maybe my expectations were too high. In the motherboard the cpu is running at 1.2v auto. I plugged the radiator fan into the cpu fan header on the motherboard, and the pump to the cpu_opt header, which I then switched to PWM allowing 4000rpm on the pump. I used a rice grain worth of cooler master thermal paste and believe I installed it ok. Are these temps normal?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

a lot of questions come to mind:

ambient temperature?

fan speed under load?

CPU voltage under load?

your expectation were a bit high for an entry level AIO.

usual expectation for idle (3°-8° above ambient)

something that's new on the 300-series platform is the MCE seems to be warmer if enabled.

25 minutes ago, airdeano said:

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

a lot of questions come to mind:

ambient temperature?

fan speed under load?

CPU voltage under load?

your expectation were a bit high for an entry level AIO.

usual expectation for idle (3°-8° above ambient)

something that's new on the 300-series platform is the MCE seems to be warmer if enabled.

Fan speed under load seems to be variable, but it seems to be around 1500-2000rpm while playing games (max). I'm not sure what my room temperature is but it isn't hot. My PC is on my desk sitting about 2 feet away from a window which has been open all day too. What program could I use to determine the cpu voltage under load? I know there's a few out there but im not sure what to use. I can give Planetside a shot with MSI afterburner and see how it does but i cant find an on screen display option for CPU voltage. Also thanks for the welcome. Sorry if I did not explain in full detail but im just a little concerned with temps. Obviously nothing in the red zone, but i feel like i could be getting a lot better.

Would CPU-Z be a good bench to determine what the voltage would be under stress?

thats about par with the h60. just enough to take the sting from heat.

most that purchase these lowended AIO have the same complaints noise/lack-luster thermal control. all want to purchase more fan(s) to improve the temps, but by doing that, the total cost involved gets to where an air cooler in the mid-upper end should have been a consideration.

CPUZ is what most use to determine voltage idle/load: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

7 minutes ago, airdeano said:

thats about par with the h60. just enough to take the sting from heat.

most that purchase these lowended AIO have the same complaints noise/lack-luster thermal control. all want to purchase more fan(s) to improve the temps, but by doing that, the total cost involved gets to where an air cooler in the mid-upper end should have been a consideration.

CPUZ is what most use to determine voltage idle/load: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Okay, I just stressed my cpu in CPU-z for a few minutes, and reached 63 degrees, and the voltage was a consistent 1.128v. Perhaps I am overthinking the temps and it is fine. Should I run the test for longer though?