PG279Q VS XG2703-GS

sAnr0

Hey guys so im trying to decide which monitor to pick

im looking for a 2K IPS G-SYNC MONITOR

i found 2 options 

one is the Asus PG279Q  Amazon Link

and the other is Viewsonic XG2703-GS  Amazon Link

never had any experience with Viewsonic's  monitors so as Asus's

anything i should know before picking one?

which one would you guys suggest ??
Or would you recommend a different monitor ? 

HELP please I'm so lost xD

Dont buy Asus monitors. I had to call in and wait for 3 months to get a warranty replacement for my PG279Q. Unless you think you'll get a good one that'll last then by all means. The monitor is great when it works. Stunning. But if it goes wrong ASUS customer service is a joke and quality control is as bad as everyone claims. I went through 3 initial purchase to get one that didnt have clusters of dead pixels until the most recent one which had a line of stuck pixels along the left side of the screen. I'm not one of those nut jobs that over analyzes products expecting them to be perfect but for the price I'm paying I expect something better.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

Dont buy Asus monitors. I had to call in and wait for 3 months to get a warranty replacement for my PG279Q. Unless you think you'll get a good one that'll last then by all means. The monitor is great when it works. Stunning. But if it goes wrong ASUS customer service is a joke and quality control is as bad as everyone claims. I went through 3 initial purchase to get one that didnt have clusters of dead pixels until the most recent one which had a line of stuck pixels along the left side of the screen. I'm not one of those nut jobs that over analyzes products expecting them to be perfect but for the price I'm paying I expect something better.

thanks for the heads up
il keep that in mind before buying one

FYI ViewSonic isn't the best either but in this specifc situation I'd grab the  XG2703-GS

Just now, SCGazelle said:

FYI ViewSonic isn't the best either but in this specifc situation I'd grab the  XG2703-GS

which one would you recommend

if it wasn't those 2 

yea nitpicking, i know what you mean but: 2k is 1080p not 1440p :P

@ those 2 Montors: Exactly the same. Both use the same Panel from AU-Optronics (maybe a slightly different revision, batch etc). But panel is the same, problems can be the same too.

Asus / Viewsonic just put a different case on it, different On screen menu, maybe slightly different kalibration / cherrypicking etc etc.

Take the cheaper one, or which one has better support etc ^^

But Panel wise.. More or less the same~

1 minute ago, sAnr0 said:

which one would you recommend

if it wasn't those 2 

I really don't know. I've been hesitant to recommend Asus monitors in general for a while. I know that they sell good stuff but I just am not a fan of them in general. ViewSonic is not really better or worse or the same. I've recommended their monitors in the past but I also don't have positive or negative things to say about them as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

yea nitpicking, i know what you mean but: 2k is 1080p not 1440p :P

@ those 2 Montors: Exactly the same. Both use the same Panel from AU-Optronics (maybe a slightly different revision, batch etc). But panel is the same, problems can be the same too.

Asus / Viewsonic just put a different case on it, different On screen menu, maybe slightly different kalibration / cherrypicking etc etc.

Take the cheaper one, or which one has better support etc ^^

But Panel wise.. More or less the same~

i was thinking the same as you ,

its the same monitor different brand on it lols 
i think that i'm going to peek the cheaper one

lets c what other's recommend