When and how will the madness end? (discussion on AMD graphic card prices)

Luke

Hey guys and gals. Just want to hear some opinions and how they think things will unfold when it comes to bitcoins and the prices of high-end AMD graphics cards.

Will the prices of the cards fluctuate in value as bitcoin does?

Or will this sudden price rise fade back to normal regardless of the value of bitcoins?

Is it a lot of hype after the bitcoin prices skyrocketed and bitcoin miners are overpaying for cards at the moment? 

Will the bitcoin miners demand for video cards be fulfilled at this rate? Or will this whole thing draw more interest further increasing the demand?

Will AMD increase production of the cards to fulfill the demand? 

Why would Newegg, Amazon etc sell the cards at normal prices if they are already selling out at well over the MSRP?

Could AMD recognize this and increase the price that they sell these cards to stores therefore permanently increasing the prices?

Will the cards only go back down in price if bitcoin drops in value? Or will company's recognize the specific needs and demands of bitcoin miners and make graphics cards specifically designed for the task separating regular graphics cards and bitcoin cards the same way workstation cards differ from gaming graphics cards?

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

It will never go down,new eCurrencies are appearing constantly unfortunately.

Everyone will switch to gaming on consoles cuz they can't get the cards they want anymore and AMD n Nvidia will also get a huge backlash also because of all the rebranded cards they have put out lately.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Dam miners. They ruined Scotland.

(P.S. I called my PC Scotland)

It's not a bitcoin mining boom at the moment, as far as I'm aware it's litecoin mining.

Bitcoin value is dropping:

gHcAEwx.png

It's not a bitcoin mining boom at the moment, as far as I'm aware it's litecoin mining.

gHcAEwx.png

Litecoin value also dropping fast these past few days.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Ooh i see. I kind of just use the term "bitcoin" to generalize the whole thing though i'm not really up to date with any of it.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Since a bitcoin price crash is imminent, I'd say give it a month before AMD prices are normal.