A dream plan for modding my NZXT Switch 810

tl;dr backstory

Spoiler

About six years ago I had a crappy PC with an i3 and HD4670 and a lot of time to play games that my pc couldn't run. So naturally, I wanted to upgrade my PC. A year later I had earned enough money with the summer job that I could finally buy my "dream" gaming computer. 

The plan was to buy the computer now and then next year, after another working summer, buy everything else to build a custom water-cooled system. Because of that, I have spent "a bit" more money on components that were optimised for water-cooling, overclocking and were - just better looking.  Let me tell you something - THE WORST IDEA AND MISTAKE I HAVE EVER HAD/DONE. Next summer I didn't work, so I didn't have the money to modify my computer, had a lot less free time to play games (and when I had it I chose to spend it watching movies and shows). 

So to not waste any more of your time by telling you every detail of the backstory... here are some pictures of that computer, its specifications and some drawings of my ideas and plans for my rig.

Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4670k

GPU: AMD R9 280x  (Asus DCII top)

MOBO: MSI MpowerMax (OMG, this board is still sexy af:D )

RAM:   16GB of Cruicalballistix ELITE (again, some of the most badass RAM sticks I have ever seen... I'm not a fan of the these new HyperX RGB sticks or Dominator platinum)  later on I traded these stick with my friend for cruicalballistix tactical LP and Phanteks PH-TC14PE

PSU:  Cooler Master V700

CASE:  NZXT SWITCH 810

SSD: 250GB Samsung EVO 840

Screenshot_15.png.17f9581d7e1e61c92babe0179f9728f6.png

Other pictures:

Spoiler

Screenshot_19.png.228d72360dc86b1e899cab6624be2f8c.pngScreenshot_18.png.ffcbcad0a1d8aadb17be1d8ddc510ead.pngScreenshot_17.png.c1681ec6df696f2c984f2a42a06bfd5a.pngScreenshot_16.png.aad67de2e03f0f74818e7ab2e0a7b844.pngScreenshot_14.png.1c129a6c24790cb83fee0e2c2fcc69d7.png

Some of my drawings I did when I was bored in highscool :D 

Spoiler

V950pZizSXWmbYqRKJ5lbA.png-_Q5SZCGQrWvDB6Na-Qv4Q.png35IeJNI2RpqH-3JlJyoOCQ.png5Hr-U5AlQuGwQ9kOC3m_BA.png

A few years later, gaming less and less, I saw Linus's video 2 gamers one tower and some other videos on cheap Xeons CPUs and decided that that was my next upgrade and I just had to have it. At that time my older brother started to play some racing games (that year we bought him a wheel year for his birthday) and he kept on bugging me that I have this gaming computer on 24/7 that uses a lot of power and is utilised maybe 5 percent of the time. After some time of him "throwing" (he always asked nicely) me off my computer to play games, and the computer not being able to stream to his laptop over Steams in-home streaming, he suggested that we all pay some money each year and keep upgrading the computer so that we can have one good computer that can be used by me and somebody else simultaneously.

The current build:

Spoiler

CPU: 2x Intel e5 2670

GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070

MOBO: Asrock rack ep2c602-4l/d16

RAM:   32GB (ECC) Samsung 

PSU:  Corsair RM850x

CASE:  NZXT SWITCH 810

Storage: SSD 120GB Sandisk Plus  HDDs:  2x 3TB Toshiba and 1x 3TB Seagate

Screenshot_20.png.c274536f57452619fb7e15f99df4cee7.png

More pictures:

Spoiler

Screenshot_24.png.ef78661960d368e85317ce50531b8a7a.pngScreenshot_23.png.f46a5559ec167a91ffb4a16498247ab2.png

But the idea of modifying the case and building a water-cooled system in it still hasn't died out after all those years. About 8 months ago I was studying for my first Solidworks certificate and all the practice test I could find were so boring and not challenging enough. (The last task on the actual test (and allegedly the hardest one) was almost identical to the first homework assignment we received in my class). So I started to make a model of my Switch 810 - and it went horribly! Well, each separate piece looked very good, and I tried to copy as many details as possible, but when I had all the pieces modelled and put them together, they just didn't fit very well. (I thought I still had the assembly but I guess I deleted it and now can't take a screenshot :( Well I can tell you that even the width of the parts didn't match and after wrong application of mates it was even worse.) 

Here are some screenshots of the parts:

Spoiler

720C62MFSjC1kn_f8nResg.png

rZRR7_SWRnuVjudUigKbHg.pngm-YCqkxJR3257NG8rHlv-A.pngg7iwXkgjS9yHfvZXAbpzBA.png_DJESPrUR3ygwhRyDBcJ-g.pngTdMNxqK7TIGViOFH9k4StQ.png

6e0uOedSTGSaYkmrgKY1vA.pngkWQXXkUoQciZwy5QS1eUKw.pngKjDWU7uPTQa8nz54W00GWg.png

Last week I picked up the work again and decided I won't try to fix the assembly but just start making my modifications and make a new one -possibly with not as much details to not waste time. 

And here it is. Well, at least some of it :D I'm not done yet. (I downloaded the models of the hardware. I'm not that good yet.) 

Spoiler

1CmS9XCOTTiZI0qq4Ouk9w.pngbhdCGfkNQA_eSkmfoYcKjA.pngu2U19i-TQ0W4iiyFsF8K0Q.png40eXzRKeQ4GV7YnWkO6uZw.png3WERsBKQT1W1Y6Wj38ghgA.pngtlnn3hfrSSmzYCM7Xwj5dQ.pngPsx1gNJ_Q2CUj0BOgfYa5w.pngjMD4zC6eRwCNiHbCQy0dVA.png

There are some things I want to add, change and design again because I don't think I could actually make some of these pieces with the tools that I have or could buy. I will be posting some more pictures tomorrow and later this week if I come up with something good. 

And why did I write this long post in the first place? Well, I don't think I'll have the funds to make this project happen anytime soon, so I'm just putting my ideas out there... into the wild so that somebody can get an idea for their own build or give me some suggestions on mine. 

Please comment, constructively criticize and make suggestions.

What's a good way to render some pictures from Solidworks? I don't know if my settings are wrong or what, but I really don't like the renders I did. And the wire mesh part at the bottom just disappears for some reason.

Spoiler

Screenshot_14.png

Screenshot_21.pngScreenshot_22.pngScreenshot_23.pngScreenshot_24.pngScreenshot_22.pngScreenshot_33.pngScreenshot_20.png

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex