Scroll to top

KirbyTech

It would be great if we could get a simple button in the bottom right corner that is just an arrow and scroll to top. Wouldn't take much to do it but would make the site a lot better to use.

I am seriously surprised that this has never been implemented. 

+1

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

Why? It has been asked before. On desktop you have this wonderful key called Home which does just that. There's some quick way to do it on mobile too, but that might be browser based. Personally I'm against any floating icon as mobile is already pretty crammed. There could be place for it under topic listings and posts/reply box.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Why? It has been asked before. On desktop you have this wonderful key called Home which does just that. There's some quick way to do it on mobile too, but that might be browser based. Personally I'm against any floating icon as mobile is already pretty crammed. There could be place for it under topic listings and posts/reply box.

for the samsung mobile browser, there is a FAB button you can click that scrolls to top 

If you’re using safari, touch the time and it will scroll up all the way to the top

7 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

for the samsung mobile browser, there is a FAB button you can click that scrolls to top 

I'm using Firefox mobile for forums and Dolphin for everything else. I could google the right spost, but it really doesn't matter that much to me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/15/2018 at 3:48 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

It is a convenience thing, I could just go to the scroll bar and click the top. A nice button is a better solution. As for mobile, you know that @media  thing in CSS? Yeah that works here.. A/B test it on mobile and see how much it gets used. If it is a lot then keep it, if not then remove it with the CSS rule. Pretty damm simple to do. I will just assume you know little about web development or at the least almost no CSS.

6 hours ago, KirbyTech said:

I will just assume you know little about web development or at the least almost no CSS.

In which you would be correct.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv