Cheap Windows 10

Nosfy
Go to solution Solved by Wouterrinos,
11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Used Kinguin.  Had a Key that wouldn't activate.  Contacted them and got a refund.  There is no risk. 

I've purchased 5 keys from them in total over the years and have only had the key problem once.

I bought one from Kinguin and one from G2A and no problems yet (two years running now).

If you @Nosfyhave enough money though and don't like the idea of buying them there just don't.

Hey folks. 

Windows 10 home edition is like £100 plus if bought from the windows store. With this being the case how can a website like the below sell it for like under £20.

https://www.fairsoftware.co.uk/windows/windows-10-professional/297/microsoft-windows-10-professional?gclid=Cj0KCQiA_JTUBRD4ARIsAL7_VeVKpRXVpYD8RSB3ZItsH6P1wv4kIRPNyogbVBjoZf_VoenMFk3hU7oaAvp2EALw_wcB

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

They sell stolen keys basically, or they know someone with a volume key, use that to use the same key over and over, but still stealing basically.

Just now, Sack said:

They sell stolen keys basically, or they know someone with a volume key, use that to use the same key over and over, but still stealing basically.

Oh, so its dodgy? That kind of sucks. 

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Just now, Sack said:

This.

A copy of Windows not purchased from Microsoft themselves is at some point, illegal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Nosfy said:

Oh, so its dodgy? That kind of sucks. 

Yes, in short you risk having your key deactivated at any moment.

You can buy cheap oem keys off of ebay for aroumd 5 usd. They work and arent illegal afaik I have been using one of them on my computer for a long time, with no issues

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This.

A copy of Windows not purchased from Microsoft themselves is at some point, illegal.

But its still a genuine version of Windows right?

Just now, Thermosman said:

You can buy cheap oem keys off of ebay for aroumd 5 usd. They work and arent illegal

We can't really say they're legal, what if they weren't obtained legally? Same problem of buying a key off Kinguin for cheap, it could be deactivated at any moment.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

They are called grey market sellers. Keys sold are violating MS ToS. You can find many threads covering this subject. With both for and against getting those keys. In the end it's about your values. Are you for developer or want to punish them and support grey markets on the side.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Nosfy said:

But its still a genuine version of Windows right?

The installation itself will be genuine, as long as you got it from Microsoft. The key that activates it may or may not be genuine.

You can buy cheap oem keys off of ebay for aroumd 5 usd. They work and arent illegal

Using OEM keys on custom built PC's is technically against the terms of the license, so yes they are :) but an individual activating their pc's with these is pretty unlikely to be audited/called out for it. Just don't sell the PC that way. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

illegal.

Using that word in this context isn't accurate.

1 minute ago, Thermosman said:

You can buy cheap oem keys off of ebay for aroumd 5 usd. They work and arent illegal afaik I have been using one of them on my computer for a long time, with no issues

Buying from eBay is double negative. Keys are violating MS ToS and sellers are violating eBays ToS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

They are called grey market sellers. Keys sold are violating MS ToS. You can find many threads covering this subject. With both for and against getting those keys. In the end it's about your values. Are you for developer or want to punish them and support grey markets on the side.

Yep, its why I was asking. Dont like buying stuff that is dodgy. 

1 minute ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Using OEM keys on custom built PC's is technically against the terms of the license, so yes they are :) but an individual activating their pc's with these is pretty unlikely to be audited/called out for it. Just don't sell the PC that way. 

Unlikely, but if key is from volume pack, MS can black list whole pack.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Using that word in this context isn't accurate.

Buying from eBay is double negative. Keys are violating MS ToS and sellers are violating eBays ToS.

So its positive? Jk thats why they get banned right after I buy from them

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Used Kinguin.  Had a Key that wouldn't activate.  Contacted them and got a refund.  There is no risk. 

I've purchased 5 keys from them in total over the years and have only had the key problem once.

Out of pure curiosity, did you get shield or whatever that service is called? You can't say there's no risk when you need to pay extra for protection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Out of pure curiosity, did you get shield or whatever that service is called? You can't say there's no risk when you need to pay extra for protection.

I did not.  I contacted them through chat and they reversed the charge and asked me to repurchase another key if I still needed one, which I did.  

I understand what you are getting at as far as protection goes.  Maybe I just got lucky.  I did get the first key, complain and repurchase the second key all within about 20 minutes.  There was a clear trail for them to follow.

17 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

As other people have said, these are dodgy.

I've had someone on the forums tell me they got one and it didn't work. basically what they do is they send you a broken motherboard out of an oem system and therefore get the product key out of it. Doesn't always work too well.

My advice for OP: Just buy the OEM Windows Professional version for $80 off of newegg or amazon. Oh and also - Windows 10 with no activation really isn't that bad. Just the watermark and lack of customization is annoying. If you don't want to do that, you can take the risk for the ebay or kinguin ones, but beware you're violating MS' ToS and that's just as bad if not worse than getting a crack or other software that can circumvent windows activation.

Spoiler

My main desktop, "Rufus":

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 Red LED @ 3066mt/s

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTR XXX White 

Storage: Mushkin ECO3 256GB SATA3 SSD + Some hitachi thing

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Retro machine:

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

CPU Cooler: Stock heatsink

RAM: GSkill 4gb DDR2 1066mt/s

Motherboard: Asus P5n-e SLI

GPU: 8800 GTS 640mb, I swap between that and my 8800 GTS 512mb

Storage: Seagate 320gb right from 2006

PSU: Ultra 600W 

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

OS: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Manjaro Deepin x64 (sorta)

Mac Pro Early 2008: Dual Xeon X5482s w/ 32GB RAM & HD 5770 running macOS High Sierra

More PC's

11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I bought one from Kinguin and one from G2A and no problems yet (two years running now).

If you @Nosfyhave enough money though and don't like the idea of buying them there just don't.

1 minute ago, panther420 said:

As other people have said, these are dodgy.

I've had someone on the forums tell me they got one and it didn't work. basically what they do is they send you a broken motherboard out of an oem system and therefore get the product key out of it. Doesn't always work too well.

My advice for OP: Just buy the OEM Windows Professional version for $80 off of newegg or amazon. Oh and also - Windows 10 with no activation really isn't that bad. Just the watermark and lack of customization is annoying. If you don't want to do that, you can take the risk for the ebay or kinguin ones, but beware you're violating MS' ToS and that's just as bad if not worse than getting a crack or other software that can circumvent windows activation.

I got my key delivered throufh email

I got my key delivered throufh email

Oh, I know, but I'm saying the key originally comes from a broken motherboard.

Spoiler

My main desktop, "Rufus":

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengence DDR4 Red LED @ 3066mt/s

Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

GPU: XFX RX 580 GTR XXX White 

Storage: Mushkin ECO3 256GB SATA3 SSD + Some hitachi thing

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

Retro machine:

Spoiler

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

CPU Cooler: Stock heatsink

RAM: GSkill 4gb DDR2 1066mt/s

Motherboard: Asus P5n-e SLI

GPU: 8800 GTS 640mb, I swap between that and my 8800 GTS 512mb

Storage: Seagate 320gb right from 2006

PSU: Ultra 600W 

Case: Deepcool Tesseract SW

OS: Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit, Manjaro Deepin x64 (sorta)

Mac Pro Early 2008: Dual Xeon X5482s w/ 32GB RAM & HD 5770 running macOS High Sierra

More PC's

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

Agreed.  If it's one system and you won't be adding another and another (like I did) then you are 100% guaranteed to get what you need from an official windows key.