decrypt

721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da
Go to solution Solved by 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da,

thanks everyone

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Could we get a bit more context about this?  Why do you have these, where did they come from, why do you need to "decrypt" them?

Quick story

My friend told me about MD5

I wrote a bit using a tool

My friend 'needs' his textbook as he wants to complete an essay

I wrote a long summary (800 words) about the task. I wrote It all to MD5 as a prank, but he actually needs it

I am not sure he understands MD5

Next day, I told him it was in MD5 and told him to decrypt it all when he gets home

Didnt take my textbook...

So, at night. Here I am, Desperate

I NEED THAT MD5 BACK!!

7 minutes ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

Quick story

My friend told me about MD5

I wrote a bit using a tool

My friend 'needs' his textbook as he wants to complete an essay

I wrote a long summary (800 words) about the task. I wrote It all to MD5 as a prank, but he actually needs it

I am not sure he understands MD5

Next day, I told him it was in MD5 and told him to decrypt it all when he gets home

Didnt take my textbook...

So, at night. Here I am, Desperate

I NEED THAT MD5 BACK!!

oh, well rip.  Like we said, there is no reversing this with any consumer computer, or even with a super computer in one night.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Wow I hate my mind sometimes.

I meant to say you should give up on it if the only thing you know about it is the hash.

I do that too sometimes >_<

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh, well rip.  Like we said, there is no reversing this with any consumer computer, or even with a super computer in one night.

Look, can my Intel Core 2 duo and Geforce GT 120 do it or not? Really dont care unless it takes longer than 2 days

Just now, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

Look, can my Intel Core 2 duo and Geforce GT 120 do it or not? Really dont care unless it takes longer than 2 days

No, zero chance.

This may help you OP.

MD5 cannot be reversed.

An MD5 hash is NOT encryption. It is simply a fingerprint of the given input. However, it is a one-way transaction and as such it is almost impossible to reverse engineer an MD5 hash to retrieve the original string.

This MD5 hash generator is useful for encoding passwords, credit cards numbers and other sensitive date into MySQL, Postgress or other databases. PHP programmers, ASP programmers and anyone developing on MySQL, SQL, Postgress or similar should find this online tool an especially handy resource.

What is an MD5 hash?

An MD5 hash is created by taking a string of an any length and encoding it into a 128-bit fingerprint. Encoding the same string using the MD5 algorithm will always result in the same 128-bit hash output. MD5 hashes are commonly used with smaller strings when storing passwords, credit card numbers or other sensitive data in databases such as the popular MySQL. This tool provides a quick and easy way to encode an MD5 hash from a simple string of up to 256 characters in length.

MD5 hashes are also used to ensure the data integrity of files. Because the MD5 hash algorithm always produces the same output for the same given input, users can compare a hash of the source file with a newly created hash of the destination file to check that it is intact and unmodified.

An MD5 hash is NOT encryption. It is simply a fingerprint of the given input. However, it is a one-way transaction and as such it is almost impossible to reverse engineer an MD5 hash to retrieve the original string.

https://www.md5hashgenerator.com/

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

Im trying to DEcode MD5, not ENcode but thanks for the details

Read the whole comment,

MD5 cannot be reversed

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

Im trying to DEcode MD5, not ENcode but thanks for the details

It explains that what you are doing is not possible for several reasons.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It explains that what you are doing is not possible for several reasons.

It says 'near impossible' so IDK if i have to steal my brothers computer. Is it by ANY, and I mean ANY level possible to decode with consumer gear

2 minutes ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

It says 'near impossible' so IDK if i have to steal my brothers computer. Is it by ANY, and I mean ANY level possible to decode with consumer gear

Very doubtful in yours or my lifetime.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Not sure why anyone would encrypt using md5 other than this reason

MD5 hashes are also used to ensure the data integrity of files. Because the MD5 hash algorithm always produces the same output for the same given input, users can compare a hash of the source file with a newly created hash of the destination file to check that it is intact and unmodified.

since its near impossible to reverse. Even using supercomputers.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

It's "near impossible" because mathematically, statistically, it could theoretically be guessed, but it would be like winning the lottery times a billion.  Besides, your computer would have to generate a string, hash it, and then compare it to your hash, and keep doing that until it gets the right string, so basically you'd have to regenerate the text you want, and that would be like cracking a password with length of whatever paragraphs you said you hashed, so in other words, it will take no less than billions of times the age of the universe even on a super computer.

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

Not sure why anyone would encrypt using md5 other than this reason

since its near impossible to reverse. Even using supercomputers.

Thats not happening

If Im not lazy, Ill send some sweet MD5 Hash cause why not

@721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da

Ok I found the way un-encrypt BUT thing is you have to have the MySQL data access to perform the decrypt.

It has to have the original input in order to compare and decrypt.. I did some quick research...

Here is a site that does encrypt and decrypt for you but as in the site it will only decrypt what it has on file. So pretty much if youused this sites MySQL to encrypt it will decrypt it for otherwise your sol.

http://md5online.org/md5-decrypt.html

http://md5online.org/md5-encrypt.html

You will need access to your friends encrypt database to perform the decrypt... Sorry. 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Ok I found the way un-encrypt BUT thing is you have to have the MySQL data access to perform the decrypt.

It has to have the original input in order to compare and decrypt.. I did some quick research...

Here is a site that does encrypt and decrypt for you but as in the site it will only decrypt what it has on file. So pretty much if youused this sites MySQL to encrypt it will decrypt it for otherwise your sol.

http://md5online.org/md5-decrypt.html

http://md5online.org/md5-encrypt.html

You will need access to your friends encrypt database to perform the decrypt... Sorry. 

You lost me. Why do I need data from my friends database? I encrypted them

1 minute ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

You lost me. Why do I need data from my friends database? I encrypted them

guess im lost

your original post said

6 hours ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

Hi. Need some help decrypting some MD5. My friend emailed it to me and my mac is not up to it. The code is 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da. (Like my username)

So I assumed your decrypting something he sent you.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

guess im lost

your original post said

I have notepad open with 158 hashes. What do I ask him

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

guess im lost

your original post said

Also I made most of it. Someone said that that code was not vaild

8 minutes ago, 721f9d6c1b4540bddc0bf771da said:

It's possible, but so impractical it's impossible.

To put in perspective, a GTX 1080 has an MD5 hashrate of 24809.6 MHS (https://gist.github.com/epixoip/6ee29d5d626bd8dfe671a2d8f188b77b). MD5 has 2^128 outcomes. At this hashrate, it would take over basically the lifetime of the universe to find an input for every hash value. And the chances of finding a collision out of pure random chance is 1/2^128.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

To put in perspective, a GTX 1080 has an MD5 hashrate of 24809.6 MHS (https://gist.github.com/epixoip/6ee29d5d626bd8dfe671a2d8f188b77b). MD5 has 2^128 outcomes. At this hashrate, it would take over basically the lifetime of the universe to find an input for every hash value. And the chances of finding a collision out of pure random chance is 1/2^128.

ok. Im not made of money but i have a few options

P2000

Integrated Graphics

P1000

1050ti

Which one is best

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Also by now im assuming that im not getting it back