G402 click distance? Help needed

kameshss

Hello!

I have a G402 which was replaced because of some middle click issues. Now I have a brand new one, the left and right click feels a little weird.

The left and right buttons have some kind of free travel before it actually reaches the tight tension for the click action. If you know what I mean. Both left and right click has that kind of thing. If I hold the buttons' corner from other side, I can move it up and down like its free and travels up and down. Is this normal? I haven't noticed it before in my previous G402. Some kind of weird click tension is there. If any one of you have G402, please let me know if you have this kinda thing. If possible please post a video. I currently don't have any camera to shoot a clip. Please let me know.

Thanks! :)

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

It is not normal, maybe the screws inside are loose. Time to DIY. Here is a guide

*courtesy of some Guest dude

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It is not normal, maybe the screws inside are loose. Time to DIY. Here is a guide

*courtesy of some Guest dude

Oops. This is a brand new mouse I got it as a replacement today. I don't think I can do this. If I screw up, I can't get a warranty. The warranty would become void. So :(

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Just now, kameshss said:

Oops. This is a brand new mouse I got it as a replacement today. I don't think I can do this. If I screw up, I can't get a warranty. The warranty would become void. So :(

I had a similar issue with my old G402 left click where there is a small distance before it actually hit the click and then it will click (sorry for my English, I only speak Canadian). The screws were the problem, anyway RMA is a nice option. Else get a G502

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

5 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I had a similar issue with my old G402 left click where there is a small distance before it actually hit the click and then it will click (sorry for my English, I only speak Canadian). The screws were the problem, anyway RMA is a nice option. Else get a G502

Do you currently have a G402? Can you please post a video clip where you click the mouse also lift the button up and see if it lifts?

Just now, kameshss said:

Do you currently have a G402? Can you please post a video clip where you click the mouse also lift the button up and see if it lifts?

I do not have it unfortunately. As I said, it is not a common issue so you should get it fixed

7 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I do not have it unfortunately. As I said, it is not a common issue so you should get it fixed

Okay. Thanks for the help. I'll check if some one else has it.

Update:

Got a new replacement. Working fine! :)