gigabyte Motherboard boot loop, No post

Noonecantfindmeonthere

my Gigabyte H110M-DS2V getting boot loop after enable "Secure Boot" on bios. and now my motherboard is getting boot loop.   also i tried Different Ram, Different Processor and also Clearing CMOS. but not fixed, plz help. argent    

lv is lie 

Please*

Urgent*

If you change secure boot settings when you already have an OS then it will cause this. Put it back how it was.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

Please*

Urgent*

If you change secure boot settings when you already have an OS then it will cause this. Put it back how it was.

how put it back?? No bios menu. only keep boot loop. 

lv is lie 

1 hour ago, userzero said:

Please*

Urgent*

That's not true at all, Windows is fully capable of booting with secure boot disabled or enabled, it really doesn't care. Also correcting someone who is obviously not a native English speaker on their English makes you seem very hostile are arrogant. Finally he said he'd reset CMOS and the problem persists which indicates the issue isn't what he thinks it is.

1 hour ago, L4KM47 said:

my Gigabyte H110M-DS2V getting boot loop after enable "Secure Boot" on bios. and now my motherboard is getting boot loop.   also i tried Different Ram, Different Processor and also Clearing CMOS. but not fixed, plz help. argent    

If you have reset your CMOS and still have this issue then it's not being caused by any CMOS setting.

Are you 100% sure the CMOS reset properly?

Did you change anything else in the UEFI when you changed secure boot?

Can you describe what exactly is happening when you say "stuck in a boot loop"? Are you getting past post? Do you see anything on screen at all?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's not true at all, Windows is fully capable of booting with secure boot disabled or enabled, it really doesn't care. Also correcting someone who is obviously not a native English speaker on their English makes you seem very hostile are arrogant. Finally he said he'd reset CMOS and the problem persists which indicates the issue isn't what he thinks it is.

If you have reset your CMOS and still have this issue then it's not being caused by any CMOS setting.

Can you describe what exactly is happening when you say "stuck in a boot loop"? Are you getting past post? Do you see anything on screen at all?

Corr you're a pain in the arse aren't you.

Firstly correcting someones spelling isn't seen as hostile unless you are of that thinking. Its purely helping the person see how to spell words.

Secondly, yes I missed the fact the CMOS has been reset but there is the possibility of it not being the correct secure boot setting as default. If he has just changed the secure boot setting when the system already has a Windows install that was set up with secure boot in another settings, then yes, it will NOT work.

Thirdly don't speak to me like a moron you old goat.

Just now, userzero said:

Corr you're a pain in the arse aren't you.

Firstly correcting someones spelling isn't seen as hostile unless you are of that thinking. Its purely helping the person see how to spell words.

Secondly, yes I missed the fact the CMOS has been reset but there is the possibility of it not being the correct secure boot setting as default. If he has just changed the secure boot setting when the system already has a Windows install that was set up with secure boot in another settings, then yes, it will NOT work.

Thirdly don't speak to me like a moron you old goat.

1) No, correcting a non native English speaker is hostile and arrogant. He speaks better English than you do his language.

2) Total nonsense, there's no possible scenario where secure boot will cause a boot loop. None, won't ever happen. As I said in my last post, Windows doesn't care if secure boot is enabled or not, it's fully able to boot and work in either scenario and the setting is interchangeable on the same install.

3) Don't post misinformation and people won't call you out on it. Nice of you to call me the Greatest Of All Time though.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

1) No, correcting a non native English speaker is hostile and arrogant. He speaks better English than you do his language.

2) Total nonsense, there's no possible scenario where secure boot will cause a boot loop. None, won't ever happen. As I said in my last post, Windows doesn't care if secure boot is enabled or not, it's fully able to boot and work in either scenario and the setting is interchangeable on the same install.

3) Don't post misinformation and people won't call you out on it. Nice of you to call me the Greatest Of All Time though.

1) agree to disagree. you are a moron but welcome to your own beliefs even if you are wrong.

2) IF YOU CHANGE THE SECURE BOOT SETTINGS ON A EXISTING WINDOWS INSTALLATION, IT WILL BE A PROBLEM. END OF. IT NEEDS TO BE IN THE SETTING IT WAS WHEN YOU INSTALLED THE OS.

3) go back to your hole old man.

2 hours ago, userzero said:

1) agree to disagree. you are a moron but welcome to your own beliefs even if you are wrong.

2) IF YOU CHANGE THE SECURE BOOT SETTINGS ON A EXISTING WINDOWS INSTALLATION, IT WILL BE A PROBLEM. END OF. IT NEEDS TO BE IN THE SETTING IT WAS WHEN YOU INSTALLED THE OS.

3) go back to your hole old man.

You got proof of that statement?

Mean while Microsoft themselves state that Windows Certified Boards on the X86 platform MUST include the ability for users to disable secure boot to pass certification. Does that sound like something they'd do if it was going to cause users systems to stop booting?

Microsoft confirmed it would require hardware manufacturers to enable secure boot on Windows 8 devices, and that x86/64 devices must provide the option to turn it off while ARM-based devices must not provide the option to turn it off.

They also very clearly state that disabling secure boot on your PC AND THEN installing software might prevent users from re enabling the setting afterwards.

After disabling Secure Boot and installing other software and hardware, it may be difficult to re-activate Secure Boot without restoring your PC to the factory state.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/disabling-secure-boot

It's generally a good idea to not post anything if you don't have a clue what you're talking about and general life lesson, just because you think something is true doesn't mean it actually is. If you're not 100% sure then it's better to keep quiet.

15 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

sir,

sorry for my bad english. and also sorry  for late to reply

1. yes, i'm 100% sure CMOS has been reseted.

2. Only i changed Secure Boot Mode to Enable. Nothing else

3. i cant see in display anything No past Post . 

lv is lie 

5 hours ago, L4KM47 said:

sir,

sorry for my bad english. and also sorry  for late to reply

1. yes, i'm 100% sure CMOS has been reseted.

2. Only i changed Secure Boot Mode to Enable. Nothing else

3. i cant see in display anything No past Post . 

Turn Secure Boot back off and try to boot @L4KM47 up again. Ignore this moron.

5 minutes ago, userzero said:

Can't turn off. because Motherboard can't get into the BIOS and it won't load past the POST screen/Gigabyte Splash Screen.

lv is lie 

Just now, L4KM47 said:

Can't turn off. because Motherboard can't get into the BIOS and it won't load past the POST screen/Gigabyte Splash Screen.

So what happens when you keep tapping the button to access the BIOS upon boot up? (F2, F1, DEL or similar - look it up for your mobo)

If nothing, disconnect your devices and try to boot the machine on it's own and see if it posts then.

Just now, userzero said:

So what happens when you keep tapping the button to access the BIOS upon boot up? (F2, F1, DEL or similar - look it up for your mobo)

If nothing, disconnect your devices and try to boot the machine on it's own and see if it posts then.

i do everything. pressing F1 F2 nothing happening. no display, no beeps :\ 

lv is lie 

The BIOS key on my Gigabyte is DEL.

I don't know. You may have a CPU issue perhaps. You'd expect RAM issues to make beeping sounds. You could try re-seating your RAM, and maybe CPU etc.

What if OP were to "short" the CLEAR (CLR) CMOS on the motherboard? (Info in the manual)

Granted next boot will take "forever", but it might do the trick if taking out the battery didn't work.

@userzero @Master Disaster Correcting someone's grammar is GOOD, but when done properly, with an apology perhaps. That being said, fix your grammar in your "tag" line, @Master Disaster.

1 minute ago, userzero said:

The BIOS key on my Gigabyte is DEL.

I don't know. You may have a CPU issue perhaps. You'd expect RAM issues to make beeping sounds. You could try re-seating your RAM, and maybe CPU etc.

yeas. iknow Del key is for BIOS,  also i changed RAM cards. using Brand New RAM. and Brand New Processor. But Still Nothing Happening. When Power on Fans Are starting, then after 3 or 4 second Automatically power off and. Starting again,, again and again :( 

4 minutes ago, NMS said:

What if OP were to "short" the CLEAR (CLR) CMOS on the motherboard? (Info in the manual)

@userzero @Master Disaster Correcting someone's grammar is GOOD, but when done properly, with an apology perhaps. That being said, fix your grammar in your "tag" line, @Master Disaster.

yes i tried clear CMOS shorting CLR CMOS jumper. :( 

can't get into the BIOS and it won't load past the POST screen/Gigabyte Splash Screen.

lv is lie 

3 minutes ago, L4KM47 said:

yeas. iknow Del key is for BIOS,  also i changed RAM cards. using Brand New RAM. and Brand New Processor. But Still Nothing Happening. When Power on Fans Are starting, then after 3 or 4 second Automatically power off and. Starting again,, again and again :( 

yes i tried clear CMOS shorting CLR CMOS jumper. :( 

can't get into the BIOS and it won't load past the POST screen/Gigabyte Splash Screen.

And you 100% have tried with all drives COMPLETELY disconnected when booting too yes?

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

And you 100% have tried with all drives COMPLETELY disconnected when booting too yes?

yes 100% sure. only plugged PS 24 pin and 8 Pin power connector and without casing. 

lv is lie 

Hmm. Re-seat your CPU, fresh paste. Try 1 stick of RAM at a time. Can you run a mem-test on the RAM? Something is wrong with your core components I think. Is your PSU definitely good?

@L4KM47 Since you can't get into BIOS, perhaps your input devices aren't being recognized? Do you have a keyboard/mouse with a PS2 input? It's that Green/Purple circular port at the back of the motherboard.

10 minutes ago, userzero said:

Hmm. Re-seat your CPU, fresh paste. Try 1 stick of RAM at a time. Can you run a mem-test on the RAM? Something is wrong with your core components I think. Is your PSU definitely good?

8 minutes ago, NMS said:

@L4KM47 Since you can't get into BIOS, perhaps your input devices aren't being recognized? Do you have a keyboard/mouse with a PS2 input? It's that Green/Purple circular port at the back of the motherboard.

:| Ram stick, Power supply and Processor is working 100000%  but No Past post. No Keyboard num lock, also NO DISPLAY, 

-__- 

lv is lie 

3 hours ago, userzero said:

The moron whose provided catergoric & conclusive proof that your post was flat out wrong....

Now if you had even a modicum of common sense you'd realise he can't try that because he can't get into UEFI at all but hey, I'm the moron.

• 3 years later...

I'm getting the exact same error. I enabled the "keys" in Secure boot and I do not have a physical TPM attached to the board. I tried every single possible scenario. Changing the battery, no other components than the processor, keyboard and display. Changing paste, shorting CLR CMOS, with a jumper and a screwdriver, removing the battery. I do not have another motherboard to check all the other components but they were working fine until yesterday. 

The other thing I did change was the multiplier in the MHZ frequency of the processor, so I did OC a littlebit, but not so much that it would cause a boot loop every 4 seconds. 

I'm about to purchase another MOBO but I'm poor hahaha

Hi guys, sorry for posting on a dead thread, but I think it may help someone desperate for a fix like I was yesterday.

What happened to OP happened to me yesterday (I think). I was messing around secure boot to figure out why this BS is required for Windows 11.

What I did was, after enabling and disabling secure boot multiple times I gave up and tried to restore secure boot to the default state. Unable to do that I came up with the great idea to enable CSM with secure boot enabled hoping that the bios would do the job after the reboot.

At that moment I was feeling very smart because you know, you can't have secure boot if you don't have UEFI <insert row safe meme>.

I saved the settings and rebooted, and a a few seconds later the pc rebooted again, and again, and again, and again...

I turned it off and on and got the same result.

PANIC MODE starded, the first thing that came to my head was clearing CMOS shorting the pins, and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK

The next thing I did was look for the warranty 😆

After some desperate searches on the internet i found Q-Flash Plus which is a tool from Gigabyte to flash bios files directly into the mobo, without the need of booting into the bios.

The thing is, all the tutorials I found on the internet, including the official one from Gigabyte, said that you have to flash without CPU or graphics card installed. The problem is that my case is an SFF one, I'm very lazy and it was like 12AM and had to go to work the next day, so I took a chance and flased with CPU and GPU installed.

After the flash the system rebooted and... IT WORKED 😌 !!!

I'm a happier guy now and never touched secure boot again 😆

Sorry for the bad grammar, I hope I can help someone with this, my specs are:

- Ryzen 7 3700X
- Gigabyte X570 I PRO WIFI with F33 bios

- nvme ssd

- 16GB ram

TLDR:

If you have no way for booting into the bios use Q-Flash Plus from Gigabyte to flash it again.

It is very easy, download a bios file from another computer with the same version or newer that you have on your pc, put it on a usb stick and rename it to GIGABYTE.BIN, shut down your computer, insert the usb stick on the white usb port labelled BIOS, push the BIOS button near to it, wait like 3 to 5 mins and.. profit ???

• 1 year later...
On 7/1/2021 at 1:02 AM, justarandomdude69 said:

Hi guys, sorry for posting on a dead thread, but I think it may help someone desperate for a fix like I was yesterday.

What happened to OP happened to me yesterday (I think). I was messing around secure boot to figure out why this BS is required for Windows 11.

What I did was, after enabling and disabling secure boot multiple times I gave up and tried to restore secure boot to the default state. Unable to do that I came up with the great idea to enable CSM with secure boot enabled hoping that the bios would do the job after the reboot.

At that moment I was feeling very smart because you know, you can't have secure boot if you don't have UEFI <insert row safe meme>.

I saved the settings and rebooted, and a a few seconds later the pc rebooted again, and again, and again, and again...

I turned it off and on and got the same result.

PANIC MODE starded, the first thing that came to my head was clearing CMOS shorting the pins, and guess what? IT DIDN'T WORK

The next thing I did was look for the warranty 😆

After some desperate searches on the internet i found Q-Flash Plus which is a tool from Gigabyte to flash bios files directly into the mobo, without the need of booting into the bios.

The thing is, all the tutorials I found on the internet, including the official one from Gigabyte, said that you have to flash without CPU or graphics card installed. The problem is that my case is an SFF one, I'm very lazy and it was like 12AM and had to go to work the next day, so I took a chance and flased with CPU and GPU installed.

After the flash the system rebooted and... IT WORKED 😌 !!!

I'm a happier guy now and never touched secure boot again 😆

Sorry for the bad grammar, I hope I can help someone with this, my specs are:

- Ryzen 7 3700X
- Gigabyte X570 I PRO WIFI with F33 bios

- nvme ssd

- 16GB ram

TLDR:

If you have no way for booting into the bios use Q-Flash Plus from Gigabyte to flash it again.

It is very easy, download a bios file from another computer with the same version or newer that you have on your pc, put it on a usb stick and rename it to GIGABYTE.BIN, shut down your computer, insert the usb stick on the white usb port labelled BIOS, push the BIOS button near to it, wait like 3 to 5 mins and.. profit ???

Hello! Tonight I did the same mistake and changed stuff in BIOS... A very big mistake. But your post gave me some hope.

I still got a question though, when you flash after you inserted the USB do you connect your monitor before or after the 5 minutes?