Best Razer Headset for money?

Felli

In the next few days I should be receiveing an RMA Coupon for my old Tiamat 2.2 headset, sadly the mic died rescently. I've checked out the reviews for the Tiamat 2.2 v2 and I'm not sure if I actually want to buy it due to the mic quality. My biggest concerns is about mic quality as I'm normally told I'm very quiet or too quiet to be heard over discord. I've heard good reviews for the Man-o-War and Kraken 2.1 but not so much about the V2's. That said could people recommend the best headset for money from them currently?

4 minutes ago, Felli said:

In the next few days I should be receiveing an RMA Coupon for my old Tiamat 2.2 headset, sadly the mic died rescently. I've checked out the reviews for the Tiamat 2.2 v2 and I'm not sure if I actually want to buy it due to the mic quality. My biggest concerns is about mic quality as I'm normally told I'm very quiet or too quiet to be heard over discord. I've heard good reviews for the Man-o-War and Kraken 2.1 but not so much about the V2's. That said could people recommend the best headset for money from them currently?

None. Because Razer products spend more time in the RMA department than actually in use. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, Felli said:

All of the mics are likely trash

Probably just get a Kraken, check if  your motherboard has noise supression on the microphone, it drastically imrpoved the sound from my Sibera 200s

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 hours ago, Felli said:

Razer headsets aren't awful but I find them uncomfortable personally go for hyper x stingers or clouds there much better.

2 hours ago, FrozenLava said:

Razer headsets aren't awful but I find them uncomfortable personally go for hyper x stingers or clouds there much better.

This is a good suggestion and something I've considered for when I have more money, but in the meantime I'll be using the RMA to get a working headset till then.

4 hours ago, FrozenLava said:

yes they are awful. CAL!, KSC75 and porta pro all offer better audio quality for less money, then it is just about adding like a clip on mic that cost like 5$.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Felli said:

This is a good suggestion and something I've considered for when I have more money, but in the meantime I'll be using the RMA to get a working headset till then.

Still wouldn't suggest a headset but since your only option is to pick one from razer for them to send you, the newest kraken pros : https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-kraken-pro-v2 would be my suggestion.

I threw a pair of these on at best buy and they were a lot more comfortable then the old version of the kraken 7.1 the new ones are way lighter and the pads felt a lot better then the old version. I have no idea how they sound tho so I cant help you there but they are decently comfortable.

I replaced my old gaming headset with a set of Senn HD 558's, NVX XPT 100's & a FX - Audio Dac X6 and have been much happier since avoid "gaming" headsets in the future if possible.

Cheers.