Radiators in a custom loop

Flowroro

Hey guys, im about to install an ekwb x360, my friend had a spare 240 rad (64mm ekwb rad), if i was hypothetically cooling only one unit, would it be stupid to add the rad to my loop? so say it the liquid will go through from res > pump > cpu > rad > rad > res or res> pump > rad > cpu > rad > res? would having 2 radiators (360 + 240) in the loop decrease temps even further? I would be adding my gpus in the loop though but hypothetically speaking what if I was only cooling 1 unit like just a cpu with 2 radiators?

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

1 minute ago, Flowroro said:

Hey guys, im about to install an ekwb x360, my friend had a spare 240 rad (64mm ekwb rad), if i was hypothetically cooling only one unit, would it be stupid to add the rad to my loop? so say it the liquid will go through from res > pump > cpu > rad > rad > res or res> pump > rad > cpu > rad > res? would having 2 radiators (360 + 240) in the loop decrease temps even further? I would be adding my gpus in the loop though but hypothetically speaking what if I was only cooling 1 unit like just a cpu with 2 radiators?

Not worth the effort imo, it will only be a small improvement

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

if you are adding the GPU's then add the second rad.

to answer the hypothetical question, once you have enough rad space to handle the heat of the parts extra rad space will not affect the temps much, as said above it will mean lower fan rpm

14 minutes ago, Flowroro said:

would having 2 radiators (360 + 240) in the loop decrease temps even further?

You would be able to go closer to ambient temperature, to be exact. Depends largely on the unit you are cooling how much heat it is producing. You may already have saturated your cooling with the 360, but if its a hot part, you may observe some improvement. At some point you will stop needing fans, but will never go below ambient, for obvious reasons.

It won't have a huge effect, but will still lower your deltaT, which in turn will lower your cpu temps. It also means you need less airflow to provide the same amount of cooling.. so you could just run your fans at a much lower rpm and go for a silent setup.

Always worth it. If the case can do it and not effect other stuff negatively.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Worth it.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious