why is there almost no IPS 144hz monitor

Zeketo

looking to buy a 27inch 144hz ips monitor.

The only reason I want Ips is because sometimes I play some games on my bed. 

Therefore, it might not be the perfect angel and I don't want it to be too dark.

Looked online and haven't found too many options.

thanks for the reply. I am looking to get 1080p monitor. 

2k isn't really my thing and I prefer to play 1080p native.

4 minutes ago, Zeketo said:

thanks for the reply. I am looking to get 1080p monitor. 

2k isn't really my thing and I prefer to play 1080p native.

Then you are right, you are limited to these monitors. My guess is panel OEM's make IPS for 1440p and not for 1080p. 

I had a asus 60hz 27inch ips monitor and it's really cheap like $200- canadian dollars

I think its a really old model, but I don't get why they don't make ips monitors for 144hz monitors

There is a physical limitation.  In an IPS display the crystals do not move fast enough to accommodate high refresh rate displays.  The crystals in a TN panel move much faster which is why they are more common in high refresh rate displays.  I think ASUS offers some 144 Hz IPS displays, but they probably worked with a panel maker to try and optimize response time.

VA might be a better option for you.  They generally have better viewing angles and color than TN but switch faster than IPS.  It's a good compromise.

17 hours ago, Zeketo said:

looking to buy a 27inch 144hz ips monitor.

The only reason I want Ips is because sometimes I play some games on my bed. 

Therefore, it might not be the perfect angel and I don't want it to be too dark.

Looked online and haven't found too many options.

what is YOUR budget because this is something you have not listed and I'm probably assuming it's huge.

Asus MG279Q = IPS Freesync 144Hz 1440p? [700aud at the time i bought it] july 2017
Asus PG279Q = IPS G-Sync 165Hz 1440p? [900aud at the time i bought it] july 2017

only quoted these two monitors as i have both of them but my brother uses the freesync variant for now as he has an amd graphics card, and I use a nvidia graphics card which benefits off g-sync... unless you need g-sync the asus is probably the lowest monitor i've seen so far that has IPS & 144hz rate at 1440p. it just makes no sense to put ips in 1080p 144hz personally as it will be too costly [the refresh rate already puts these monitors at a step higher than the base specs], adding IPS would just increase the premium even more making it not so cost wise for 1080p gamers.

also it might help if you expand your question a bit more: what's your gaming tower specs? what games do you play? what's your budget?

because right now my answer is long winded, but i try and shoot all possible angles i guess since i'm free to type a bit up now. but for others... maybe they need more refined questions.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H | Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti OCEdition | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3000MHz |Storage: 1 x Samsung 830 EVO Series 250GB | 1 x Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 1TB | 1 x Western Digital Blue 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold Power Supply | Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Pro |

Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 // 4x Corsair ML140 RED Fans // 2x Corsair ML120 RED Fans 
---

Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p 165Hz IPS G-Sync | Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Red LED, Cherry MX Brown Switches | Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB | Speakers: Logitech Z623 THX Certified Speakers

6 hours ago, ShredBird said:

There is a physical limitation.  In an IPS display the crystals do not move fast enough to accommodate high refresh rate displays.  The crystals in a TN panel move much faster which is why they are more common in high refresh rate displays.  I think ASUS offers some 144 Hz IPS displays, but they probably worked with a panel maker to try and optimize response time.

VA might be a better option for you.  They generally have better viewing angles and color than TN but switch faster than IPS.  It's a good compromise.

I thought there might be a compatibility problem between IPS and 144hz 1ms monitor, but monitor like that does exit.

It really helped clear the mist.

Thank you, this is exactly what I am looking for