AIO to replace an 212 evo

Mytre

Hello, So I am thinking of changing my case to a smalle profile one. And the first step would be to ditch the 212 evo which cools my ryzen to a nice 35 to 40C idle and 55C max load.

I am thinking of this one right now : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2YM-0004-00015

Is within my budget. However I have been unable to find a good comparison of air coolers and aio.

Is there any other aio you guys would recommend that has the same or better temperatures than the hyper 212 evo?

2 minutes ago, Mytre said:

Hello, So I am thinking of changing my case to a smalle profile one. And the first step would be to ditch the 212 evo which cools my ryzen to a nice 35 to 40C idle and 55C max load.

I am thinking of this one right now : https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2YM-0004-00015

Is within my budget. However I have been unable to find a good comparison of air coolers and aio.

Is there any other aio you guys would recommend that has the same or better temperatures than the hyper 212 evo?

Are you planning to overclock or have another reason to buy aio

4 minutes ago, Mytre said:

As Likwid above said, are you planning to OC?

If not then there's no need to upgrade your cooling.

if you are, I would probably get a Dark Rock Pro 3 (air cooler).
Cheap AIO are crap investments.

I might o.c in the futuer, my ryzen 1600x is happy to go up to 4ghz.   However I have been using stock clocks the past couple of months. My main reason to change from the evo to a aio is the height limit of a case I am looking to get. the Riotoro CR1088 .  Which has a height limit of 120mm.

Not sure what your budget is, but I'm sure most will agree that investing in a cooler is one of the most important parts of building a reliable PC, and will keep your CPU healthy.

For most builds, we recommend the H100i V2 because of it's proven performance and fits most cases on the market.  I would double check measurements to make sure it fits your new case, but the chart below shows how this line stands compared to the competition.

5a84ccae8e4ec_H100ivs212evohighlighted.jpg.e535c4cfbdae24bacf12f0f2f94f790f.jpg

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

That AIO is cheap and the quality of them are sometimes questionable.. even though reviews of it seem to be decent.

I don't see a problem with going with it... it will give you more heat dissipation than your current setup. The big concern will be how good the fans on it perform and their noise level.. and also the performance on the pump.

Generally the pump will be fine to support the AIO, but some vibrate or make more noise than others. Now for the fans, they will provide adequate cooling I am sure, but at what noise level becomes the concern. So you if you save yourself 40 bucks on this AIO, but need to invest in 40 dollars worth of fans to make it adequate noise/cooling wise.. then you might be better off just buying a nicer AIO that already has everything it needs to be effective for your wants.

What case are you using and why did you want to use an AIO? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Nevermind Guys, I was buried due to work . 

I decided to go for another air cooler. I was deciding on an aio as I wanted to move to the smalles case possible for a full atx motherboard. But my gpu wont fit on that case, So I went with a Meshify C and bought a cryorig h5 to replace my 212 Evo for the time being. Probably gonna use the evo on a build for my uncle. Thanks a lot for the info on the aio. I will take them into consideration for the future.