Looking for non-Miner PCIE Splitter (16x to 2-way 8x / 16x to 4-way 4x)

Hi,

my NAS MB only has one pcie 16x slot and I want to run a NIC and other cards at once.

This is how I wanted to spit them:

- 16x

- 4x 10GBit NIC

- 4x sata card / riad card

- 4x m.2

- 4x (Reserved)

So I looked for a 16x to 4-way 4x pcie-splitter, but only found 4x to 4-way 1x and other non-fitting mining splitters.

If you found something helpful, please let me know.

Thanks for helping.

I'm not quite sure if something like this exists, also, wouldn't you probably bottleneck your NIC and drives?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

1 minute ago, Jonas_2909 said:

I'm not quite sure if something like this exists, also, wouldn't you probably bottleneck your NIC and drives?

I think 4x is pretty normal for NICs and small raid cards... or isn't it?

Just now, XLP said:

I mean such an adapter.

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage

#PCMasterrace

1 minute ago, XLP said:

I think the cards will interfere since being laid on their side

9 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

cool, comes definitely in consideration (Marked as solution)

Edited by XLP

3 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

I mean such an adapter.

I only go form 16x to 4x and this bandwidth is enough for 10GBit networking and stata cards

4 minutes ago, Generallee said:

I think the cards will interfere since being laid on their side

Dont think so, most of the singleslot cards are designed to be so close next to each other

3 minutes ago, XLP said:

I only go form 16x to 4x and this bandwidth is enough for 10GBit networking and stata cards

Also the card has one 8x slot for whatever needs the most bandwidth

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just saw that supermicro card only supports gen 2 and has no additional power connectors that make me worry how the 3 card all get 75 watt as in the spec.

http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-components-motherboards-accessories-rsc-r2ug-2e4e8-10022062?gclid=CjwKCAiAtorUBRBnEiwAfcp_Y9op5DpC0Iv9J5qNusWKCAU6xTK-4GnQU5mwUjlffpoptlzO-uIsLxoClOkQAvD_BwE

if we left the m.2 out we could get along with a 16x to 2way-8x splitter. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, XLP said:

Just saw that supermicro card only supports gen 2 and has no additional power connectors that make me worry how the 3 card all get 75 watt as in the spec.

http://www.wiredzone.com/supermicro-components-motherboards-accessories-rsc-r2ug-2e4e8-10022062?gclid=CjwKCAiAtorUBRBnEiwAfcp_Y9op5DpC0Iv9J5qNusWKCAU6xTK-4GnQU5mwUjlffpoptlzO-uIsLxoClOkQAvD_BwE

Best I could find

However, not sure it would work anyways, as it would have to support a weird form of pcie bifurcation thats probably only on server motherboards

2 hours ago, XLP said:

Oops, my fault... Somehow I thought of 10Gbyte instead of 10Gbit... 

My gear:

#PCMasterrace

4 hours ago, Dark said:

Hmm looks like they only have 4x or less as input, that would be a huge bottleneck.

Do they also make those 16x to 4-way 4x or 16x to 2-way 8x splitters?

I didn't found a splitter with an input with over 4x lanes...

While splitting lanes without a PLX is possible, and not actually that hard, I dont think that there is a big enough market for things like this sadly. There exists solutions that use PLX chips to expand the amound of available pcie lanes to a backplane, but they are either pcie gen 2 or overly expensive.

My native language is C++

It would get a little convoluted but you could get this:

http://amfeltec.com/products/pci-express-gen-3-carrier-board-for-4-m-2-ssd-modules/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKU                                                 Item                                                   Qty           Unit Price        

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SKU-086-01     SQUID PCIe Carrier Board for up to 4 M.2 SSD modules     1         $ 367.38 USD  

(M.2 key M)  

(x16 PCIe upstream interface, full size bracket)

The follow options are available for the same price:

- Low profile PCI Express bracket

- x4 and x8 PCI Express upstream interface

SKU-086-34     SQUID PCIe Carrier Board for up to 4 M.2 SSD modules     1          $ 465.00 USD  

(M.2 key M)  Gen 3

(x16 PCIe upstream interface, full size bracket)

The follow options are available for the same price:

- Low profile PCI Express bracket

- x8  PCI Express upstream interface

And two/three of these: 

818GnWsB3uL._SX355_.jpg

And these:

sku_139523_1.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 2/13/2018 at 7:49 AM, XLP said:

Hi,

my NAS MB only has one pcie 16x slot and I want to run a NIC and other cards at once.

This is how I wanted to spit them:

- 16x

- 4x 10GBit NIC

- 4x sata card / riad card

- 4x m.2

- 4x (Reserved)

So I looked for a 16x to 4-way 4x pcie-splitter, but only found 4x to 4-way 1x and other non-fitting mining splitters.

If you found something helpful, please let me know.

Thanks for helping.

There referred to as PCIe expansion chassis.  They’re very expensive, it’s a lot cheaper to buy a new motherboard for a tenth the price and complexity. 

6 hours ago, JackZah said:

There referred to as PCIe expansion chassis.  They’re very expensive, it’s a lot cheaper to buy a new motherboard for a tenth the price and complexity. 

Not sure why you're digging up 2 year old threads, but I think OP was talking in the same chassis so he was after a bifurcation card 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA