Installing programs on empty 2nd HDD

Go to solution Solved by Dingus,

So long as your OS is recognizing it, you should be able to select a folder on that drive and install there.

Hey guys

I have installed my OS on a SSD and have another HDD in my computer where I want to install random programs on it.

It is detected and I can store stuff on it, but my question is now can I install programs without doing anything before on it?

I mean is there any Windows installation on this HDD necessary before or can I create a folder called "programs" and install them in this folder?

Thank you in advance!

So long as your OS is recognizing it, you should be able to select a folder on that drive and install there.

Just now, Dingus said:

Alright, I thought I would have to install something else from Windows before doing that.

You don't have to install Windows on it. Maybe just format it and that's it. You could transfer your files (like documents, downloads etc.) and temp files onto that HDD too it will extend lifespan of your SSD.