Xbox One S I managed to clone it to 120GB SSD

I havent found another thread on the internet where it says its possible.

I finally made it working with the right software. 

Your question might be "Useless to clone to a small drive cause no games fits on the drive"

Well i want a superfast (system) drive so i can stream video from it and play games.

I will use a bigger storage SSD from the USB 3.0 port to collect the games.

And i have 40GB as free space left on system disk for small applications after I have NHL 18 installed on the system

Guide

1. Tear Xbox One S appart

2. Cloned the drive using 

HDClone 6 | Miray Software

3. Clone settings

- Choose Clone Drive

- Set Microsoft Xbox One S harddrive as source

- Set new SSD as target harddrive

- Automatically rezise partitions

- Start

IMPORTANT: When the drive ask for making the last changes when the clone is finished  you have to press no changes

This will break your warranty. So im not held responisble for any mistakes you do.

Do you get any tangible performance increase? Cause the One uses SATA II which I imagine is close to being saturated even with the crappy laptop drive it comes with.

Hi

Yeah menu was slow before. Way lot faster. Now wifi feels faster also. Used old Kingston V300 drive which is crap but much better than the internal harddrive. Original drive max out in read speed 100 mb/s when I tested it on computer. For me the difference is big. So i might upgrade to a new SAMSUNG EVO 860 EVO in the future. Because those drives are alot better than Kingston. Kingston drives for me have never lived up to specs. I use the xbox alot more now.

If i end up getting a 1X i may do this to my old S just for the hell of it, Nice mod 

Just a notice.

If the drive is identical in space. etc 500GB internal 500GB SSD. The best way is to clone it sector by sector mode. This is just for smaller drives. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the necro, but I'm looking to do this with my OG, and you are really the only result with this setup lol.

Doesnt the system takes about 130gb space on the stock hdd? How did you fit it in a 120gb and still have 40gb left?

Thats exactly what I wanna do.

On 2/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, frudda said:

Yeah menu was slow before. Way lot faster. Now wifi feels faster also. Used old Kingston V300 drive which is crap but much better than the internal harddrive. Original drive max out in read speed 100 mb/s when I tested it on computer. For me the difference is big. So i might upgrade to a new SAMSUNG EVO 860 EVO in the future. Because those drives are alot better than Kingston. Kingston drives for me have never lived up to specs. I use the xbox alot more now.

how did you managed to copy those 132 gb (last time I Checked what system was eating of my og) into a 120 gb? I have the exactly the same dosk and goal lol

On 2/16/2018 at 6:24 PM, frudda said:

if you plug them to sata 2, there would be no difference between the kingston and the evo, waste of money.

As to the mod it is crazy that you end up with the OS on a SSD on sata 2 that will be slower than the "big SSD" on usb 3. World upside down i guess o.O

The access time is faster with an SSD even if its SATA2 or SATA3 but the Throughput is limited to SATA2 on the SATA port on the motherboard. What i have notice is that SAMSUNG drives are lot faster than Kingston in access time overall. But that is actually a good point to use a new drive instead as USB 3.0. Then i dont have to open it up agian. Between its still superfast in the menus which i love

On 2018-04-09 at 6:01 AM, kelvinmorcillo said:

how did you managed to copy those 132 gb (last time I Checked what system was eating of my og) into a 120 gb? I have the exactly the same dosk and goal lol

I automatically rezised the partitions in the first step. it was the stock settings from hdtune. but i only had NHL 18 installed on the drive nothing more