Headphone advise needed

Steve.604

I have a bit of a 1 off situation I'm having a hard time finding the answers I want on

I'm looking to invest in a set of headphones to use on my PC and Xbox for gaming

Currently I'm using ear buds that came with a phone at some point on my PC and I have a klipsh/onkyo 5.1.2 surround sound setup in the room my Xbox is in.

For PC, I want a headset mostly for audio, buying a mic wouldn't be a big deal.

Xbox, my situation is different, I have no issues with my surround sound setup, until I want to chat.

When using my chat head set it covers my right ear limiting what I can hear on that side. 

Currently PUBG is life so hearing where audio is coming from is very important.

I would prefer a headset with a mic for Xbox, but I don't want to loose the sound placement I get with my surround sound.

I find the audio experience very poor when using my ear buds with the Xbox, powered from the xbox controller.

I do like to mute my mic on the xbox controller like I currently do, it's quick and easy, nobody wants to be the guy who coughs into the mic.

I've considered 2 sets, if I can use the PC headphones on my phone out of the house for listening to music.

I would prefer to spend in the $100 range, but if it's truly a great multi purpose experience spending north of $500 isn't an issue.

Focusing on Xbox, I like the idea of the A40's mainly cause of control option on the controller, but I'm worried about sound quality.

For PC I'm leaning towards the HyperX Cloud Alphas, simply cause of the reviews and I like a good bang for your buck option.

Any help would be appreciated

It seems to be the V-moda crossfade 2 wireless is a perfect headphone for your need. 

You just need to get the headphone, the V-moda XL pads which increases comfort and the v-moda boompro to get a boom mic for PS4 and PC.

When you're going outside, you can just use it as a portable wireless headphone. 

The headphone will sound great for most people who don't have preference on headphone sound signature yet

7 hours ago, xtroria said:

It seems to be the V-moda crossfade 2 wireless is a perfect headphone for your need. 

You just need to get the headphone, the V-moda XL pads which increases comfort and the v-moda boompro to get a boom mic for PS4 and PC.

When you're going outside, you can just use it as a portable wireless headphone. 

The headphone will sound great for most people who don't have preference on headphone sound signature yet

Not a brand I had considered, not sure wireless was a direction I was heading, due to the extra weight,

Looks to be a high quality versatile option, I like the slick boom mic as well, vs other options I've seen to add a mic to headphones.

The more research I do the more I've been leaning towards 2 cheaper sets, A10's with m60 mix amp for Xbox and HyperX cloud Alpha's for PC.

But I'm really like to look and versatility of those v-moda's,

Not sure if you made my decision easy or harder, lol but I like the alternative option, Thanks