Error while installing Windows 10

Hey guys,

I need your help if possible.

My pc has 2 HDD's and now a SSD inside.

On one of the HDD's there is still Windows 10 installed.

I want to install my System now on the new SSD and while doing this I always get an error code: 0x8007025D Message is like "A file is missing and Windows can not be installed"

The file is the original windows.iso and I installed it on a virtual machine recently, so this can't be the issue.

I want to install from a USB stick that I made bootable with "Universal USB Installer 1.9.8.0".

After installing Windows on the SSD, I want to delete and clear my HDD where Windows is installed right now.

What I've done before:

• Using MdSched to see if there is any problem with my ram.

I'd be very thankful if you can help me installing my first SSD.

:-)

I have no idea what that "universal usb installer" tool is or why you needed to make it bootable...

Clearly you're doing things the wrong way.

There is an official tool from microsoft which creates a bootable USB drive with windows for you.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Try using the Windows Media Creation tool to create your bootable SSD.  Disconnect all drives with the exception of the SSD, then use the tool to install windows on the SSD.  When done with the installation, then you can reconnect the other drives and format the one you want to clean.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I have no idea what that "universal usb installer" tool is or why you needed to make it bootable...

Clearly you're doing things the wrong way.

There is an official tool from microsoft which creates a bootable USB drive with windows for you.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

UUI is not a wrong way to make a bootable USB drive. I use it all the time as it’s easier than the shitty Microsoft tool. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

7 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

UUI is not a wrong way to make a bootable USB drive. I use it all the time as it’s easier than the shitty Microsoft tool. 

Clearly it is the wrong way if it is not working correctly.

And how can anything be easier than using the microsoft tool??

You literally double click you USB drive and click next and it does everything for you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You literally double click you USB drive and click next and it does everything for you.

Except you have to have a bunch of space, even if you already have the ISO downloaded, and it's slow to start. UUI launches from a portable EXE file (no installation) and has many more options, and can even install Windows onto a USB drive for Windows to Go. Try doing that with the MS utility. As for it not working, I've only ever had that happen (out of thousands of times I've used it, seriously) with a bad USB drive or bad ISO. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Except you have to have a bunch of space, even if you already have the ISO downloaded, and it's slow to start. UUI launches from a portable EXE file (no installation) and has many more options, and can even install Windows onto a USB drive for Windows to Go. Try doing that with the MS utility. As for it not working, I've only ever had that happen (out of thousands of times I've used it, seriously) with a bad USB drive or bad ISO. 

??

No...

It downloads windows as it installs it on the USB drive...

You just need a 4GB USB drive and that's it.

The media installation tool is literally just an EXE file that runs and installs windows on the USB, it doesn't require any installation.

Maybe try installing windows the correct way next time and you may learn a thing or two about the official media installation tool.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

??

No...

It downloads windows as it installs it on the USB drive...

You just need a 4GB USB drive and that's it.

The media installation tool is literally just an EXE file that runs and installs windows on the USB, it doesn't require any installation.

Maybe try installing windows the correct way next time and you may learn a thing or two about the official media installation tool.

I'm aware of how it works. I've used it plenty too. You can't use it with your own ISO, so if you already have one, oh well, you'll still need enough space to download another. Pointless. It's not as fast to use as UUI though. Also, you can't make a portable Windows drive with the MS utility. 

8 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Try using the Windows Media Creation tool to create your bootable SSD.  Disconnect all drives with the exception of the SSD, then use the tool to install windows on the SSD.  When done with the installation, then you can reconnect the other drives and format the one you want to clean.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

So I have to install media cration tool on my usb stick and delete the windows.iso first? Or how do I do this?

Funny how the guy bitchin' about using the Windows Media Creation Tool has the Apple icon for his own use.

19 minutes ago, Hip said:

So I have to install media cration tool on my usb stick and delete the windows.iso first? Or how do I do this?

Download the tool.  Insert a blank flashdrive into your machine.  The flashdrive must be at least 4 gigs in size, preferably more if possible.  After inserting the blank flashdrive, execute the downloaded file, follow the on-screen instructions and just go with the flow.  The only requirement is that you just follow the instructions.

Don't forget to disconnect all drives EXCEPT the drive you are installing windows on to.  Piece of cake, pie, or whatever tastes good.  Personally I prefer a large bowl of chocolate ice cream.  Unfortunately it has to be diet chocolate because I'm diabetic.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Funny how the guy bitchin' about using the Windows Media Creation Tool has the Apple icon for his own use.

That doesn't mean I'm an Apple fanboy though. Sure, I have a lot of their computers (7 iMacs, etc.), but I'm not a fanboy. It's my profile picture because that Apple logo looks really good as a profile picture. I mainly use Windows and Linux computers. 

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

MCT has has severe issues for past maybe 4 months. Notable being connection issues with Windows update servers. If one has ISO, other tools work as well.

1 hour ago, kb5zue said:

I'm bitching on it. I also don't like Apple that much. How 'bout that?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Download the tool.  Insert a blank flashdrive into your machine.  The flashdrive must be at least 4 gigs in size, preferably more if possible.  After inserting the blank flashdrive, execute the downloaded file, follow the on-screen instructions and just go with the flow.  The only requirement is that you just follow the instructions.

Don't forget to disconnect all drives EXCEPT the drive you are installing windows on to.  Piece of cake, pie, or whatever tastes good.  Personally I prefer a large bowl of chocolate ice cream.  Unfortunately it has to be diet chocolate because I'm diabetic.

Good luck.

I have my usb drive now as a bootable with Universal USB Installer. How can I make it an un-bootable again to use the Microsoft Tool later?  :-o

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

MCT has has severe issues for past maybe 4 months. Notable being connection issues with Windows update servers. If one has ISO, other tools work as well.

I'm bitching on it. I also don't like Apple that much. How 'bout that?

Works for me....

6 hours ago, Hip said:

I have my usb drive now as a bootable with Universal USB Installer. How can I make it an un-bootable again to use the Microsoft Tool later?  :-o

You format it as part of "burning" process.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv