Ikea is out of the adjustable legs I need for my standing dream desk. What do I do now? D:

Go to solution Solved by Vitalius,

Hmm, alrighty then. 

I just don't know how Ikea works. Wasn't sure if the legs would come back into stock, or if they would just disappear due to people not wanting them. Or what. 

I'll see if they can wait or give me money. Thanks.

Hi guys,

11407653723_0087c01aef_o.png

However, the Vika Kaj are pretty much out of stock. They aren't sold online and they are out at my local Ikea (Local meaning 2 hours away, I live in Texas.)

11407626953_32cf7b26f5_o.png

So, [insert title]

I assume I could make my own, but I really wanted them to be adjustable. The Vika Byske (the more expensive ones) are technically sold online, but seem to be mostly unavailable as well. Plus the price, when I would need 5 legs per table (extra long) and that I want 2 tables eventually, puts it out of my price bracket. 

Anyone have any suggestions? Know of any legs I could buy for a desk that fit on an Ikea one but from another retailer that are reasonably cheap ($10-$20)? 

I want a standing desk, which is paramount to me. 42" or 107cm is preferred (or higher) as a max height as that's perfect for my height.

This will be my PC standing desk. I prefer metal/chrome/black legs, but at this point, I'll take whatever and paint them later if need be.

*sigh* I'm kind of depressed now. :(

Thanks,
Vitalius.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

you could wait for them to get more stock

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Meatballs? While you Wait until they are back in stock

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

you could wait for them to get more stock

Meatballs? While you Wait until they are back in stock

Sorry, forgot to mention this.

This was to be my Christmas present... :| I don't think my family would want to wait. Who knows when they will be in stock? 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Wait. Or if you're impatient, milk crates.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I think you could get a rain check on them in store. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

This was to be my Christmas present... :| I don't think my family would want to wait. Who knows when they will be in stock? 

Just get them to buy it when it's back in stock. Who cares if there's a wait. Or just ask for the money for it.

hello

Tell them to just give you the money so you can buy it when they get more stock in.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Hmm, alrighty then. 

I just don't know how Ikea works. Wasn't sure if the legs would come back into stock, or if they would just disappear due to people not wanting them. Or what. 

I'll see if they can wait or give me money. Thanks.

† Christian Member †

If ikea is out of stock then give up all hope

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wait just a second, hold on.... IKEA actually ran out of something? D:

*puts on tinfoil hat* THE END IS NIGH

GW2: Vettexl.9726