good LED lights? for eye strain?

GrizzlyBear0

so i heard using LED lights when it's night at the back of my monitor and desktop will help with eye strain but i know nothing about LED lights strip/bars

i don't know what to get and what color.

Please do suggest. also one of my questions is Which color would be best. 

because i'm on my computer a lot and  getting vision problems and migraines sometimes 

the thing that'll help most is to

turn the brightness of the monitor way down
change the color temperature as warm as it can go
use a tinted filter over the screen

I used to get headaches from my monitor late at night and the biggest help was a 2.5% vlt piece of glass over the monitor , instantly fixed the headache problem.

41 minutes ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

so i heard using LED lights when it's night at the back of my monitor and desktop will help with eye strain but i know nothing about LED lights strip/bars

i don't know what to get and what color.

Please do suggest. also one of my questions is Which color would be best. 

because i'm on my computer a lot and  getting vision problems and migraines sometimes 

This one looks pretty good: LINK

It can be cut to size at every third LED without damaging it.

Since you will want to cut it to size make sure to buy these as well: 4 PIN Connector and Cable extenders.

Though for starters, I'd suggest using f.lux. It works perfectly fine for me and, it's free.

You just have to set it up and, it will save you from being blinded by your screen at night.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

There's some truth to the fact that backlighting your setup will help with eyestrain. 

While it's not a substitute for removing some of the hard blue light that your monitors emit, it can definitely be helpful when you're working late or in a darker room.

I used a kit from super bright. It says it's an "outdoor" kit but I've found it suitable because you can adjust the color temperature of the whites.

White LED strip kit

I've attached a photo of the end result. Best of luck!

Desk.png

Yes, just cheap LED strips will help. The reasoning why is because the rods and cones in the center of your eyes will burn unevenly incomparison to the rest of your eyes many people who stare at just bright screens in dark rooms commonly experience the, the point of the LEDs is simply to lessen this effect by well burning out the rods/cones more evenly.

When using your computer just turn the room lights on, when you're not using it and have the lights off just turn the monitor off. Also things like F.Lux and "PC Glasses" help out too when using the PC.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

On 2/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, GloriousPain said:

Yes, just cheap LED strips will help. The reasoning why is because the rods and cones in the center of your eyes will burn unevenly incomparison to the rest of your eyes many people who stare at just bright screens in dark rooms commonly experience the, the point of the LEDs is simply to lessen this effect by well burning out the rods/cones more evenly.

When using your computer just turn the room lights on, when you're not using it and have the lights off just turn the monitor off. Also things like F.Lux and "PC Glasses" help out too when using the PC.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:28 AM, LyondellBasell said:

There's some truth to the fact that backlighting your setup will help with eyestrain. 

While it's not a substitute for removing some of the hard blue light that your monitors emit, it can definitely be helpful when you're working late or in a darker room.

I used a kit from super bright. It says it's an "outdoor" kit but I've found it suitable because you can adjust the color temperature of the whites.

White LED strip kit

I've attached a photo of the end result. Best of luck!

Desk.png

On 2/8/2018 at 11:35 PM, Cyberspirit said:

This one looks pretty good: LINK

It can be cut to size at every third LED without damaging it.

Since you will want to cut it to size make sure to buy these as well: 4 PIN Connector and Cable extenders.

Though for starters, I'd suggest using f.lux. It works perfectly fine for me and, it's free.

You just have to set it up and, it will save you from being blinded by your screen at night.

On 2/8/2018 at 11:03 PM, emosun said:

the thing that'll help most is to

turn the brightness of the monitor way down
change the color temperature as warm as it can go
use a tinted filter over the screen

I used to get headaches from my monitor late at night and the biggest help was a 2.5% vlt piece of glass over the monitor , instantly fixed the headache problem.

I understand LED lights but Which color................ ^^" would be best to make it easier on my eyes or it doesn't matteR? at all?

6 hours ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

I understand LED lights but Which color................ ^^" would be best to make it easier on my eyes or it doesn't matteR? at all?

Just buy RGB ones those can do any color you want. I think, usually orange is recommended but, whatever you like

As long as there's some extra light, you should be fine.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

6 hours ago, GrizzlyBear0 said:

RED.

Yes I know this my sound like I'm talking stereotypical gamer stuff but I'm actually serious Red is best on your eyes. Did you learn in school that the visible light spectrum is  Roy G Biv? Meaning the colors of a rainbow are in order Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.  Well Red is the color with the least amount of energy and Violet is the most; meaning technically Red is best for your eyes... To help make my point F.lux/Computer Glasses like Gunnars lower the amount of Blue light you see, also I also have bad eye strain issues (I have a weak optic nerve) and have issues with the colors blue/indigo/violet

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

On 2/11/2018 at 1:49 AM, GrizzlyBear0 said:

White. Get white LEDs.

The goal is not to change the color of the light entering your eyes.

The goal is to change the amount of light entering your eyes.

Your pupils dilate to regulate how much light enters your eyes. The degree of dilation is triggered by the average amount of light your eyes take in from the entire scene—not by the single brightest point of light within that scene.

When you watch television or use a computer in a dark room, your eyes stare intently at a small window of very bright light that is floating in the sea of darkness around the screen. Your eyes accurately perceive the screen to be very bright in relationship to the rest of the room. However, your eyes don’t adjust to the average level of brightness displayed onscreen. Instead, they adjust to the average brightness across your entire field of view.

By backlighting, you're giving your eyes relief from straining at the contrast between the bright screen and dark background, and letting them relax into a more natural state.