How much ram do i need?

Sabir

Hey guys i am very confused about it. Should i buy like 4x8=32GB Ram or should i buy like 2x16=32GB Ram? Because if i buy like 4x8=32GB ram is it more than enough for last 6 to 7 years to handle any future games ? Or should i buy like 2x16=32GB? So another 2 slot will be available for future to upgrade after 6 or 7 years so that time i can put another 2x16=32GB and i can have 64 gb upgrade . I want Trident Z Rgb 3200 BTW. Let me know your opinion. 

If you have a window 4 x 8 times it makes your build look better 32 gb will be fine you will need te upgrade to ddr5 before you need that much ram in game 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

I've always preferred having fewer higher capacity sticks, so I'd choose 2x 16GB rather than 4x 8GB. You'll have less power consumption using two sticks and it'll take longer to max out one stick.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

24 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Hey guys i am very confused about it. Should i buy like 4x8=32GB Ram or should i buy like 2x16=32GB Ram? Because if i buy like 4x8=32GB ram is it more than enough for last 6 to 7 years to handle any future games ? Or should i buy like 2x16=32GB? So another 2 slot will be available for future to upgrade after 6 or 7 years so that time i can put another 2x16=32GB and i can have 64 gb upgrade . I want Trident Z Rgb 3200 BTW. Let me know your opinion. 

Why do you want so much ram? Linus just did a video and even 16gb of ram wasn't much of an improvement over 8gb.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Tbh getting 32GB seems a bit overkill just for gaming if you have other process like animations and video editing then maybe I would see the reasoning behind 32GB sticks, But even then is it worth it to be using 32GB of DDR4 I'm assuming when possible a lower set of GB on a DDR5 could work just as well. 

If you hell bent on doing so I would just say 2x16GB as nicer the build would look having 4x8GB might as well just go with what would seem a bit more logical.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Get 2*8 now, then in a few years if you need more get more, because prices are way to high right now and and you won't need that much anytime soon

1 hour ago, Vernw3 said:

If you have a window 4 x 8 times it makes your build look better 32 gb will be fine you will need te upgrade to ddr5 before you need that much ram in game 

I was thought about the same thing.

47 minutes ago, vong said:

Why do you want so much ram? Linus just did a video and even 16gb of ram wasn't much of an improvement over 8gb.

Remember this though: All this testing is done on a clean PC with a nearly clean Windows installation and it doesn't take into account other stuff running in the background that people usually have, especially those less tech-savvy (some BS software like "PC health cleaners" etc. it's terrible what you can find on PCs of other people).

There's something more - GPUs with relatively low video memory (like GTX 1060 3GB) suffer from less system memory in games due to stuff that's usually put into VRAM being transferred to a lot slower system memory, and if that's full then it goes onto A LOT slower hard drives. With 16 gigs, the latter never occurs and it increases minimum FPS by quite a bit.
Look here:
7RmIPB0.jpg

You'll see that in a VRAM-demanding title, to reach optimal, stutter-free performance you need a 16GB RAM kit even with a 6GB version of the 1060. The difference in minimum FPS is quite substantial.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 hour ago, chiller15 said:

I've always preferred having fewer higher capacity sticks, so I'd choose 2x 16GB rather than 4x 8GB. You'll have less power consumption using two sticks and it'll take longer to max out one stick.

ThanksThanks bro

47 minutes ago, vong said:

Because of last 6 and 7 year.

29 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Tbh getting 32GB seems a bit overkill just for gaming if you have other process like animations and video editing then maybe I would see the reasoning behind 32GB sticks, But even then is it worth it to be using 32GB of DDR4 I'm assuming when possible a lower set of GB on a DDR5 could work just as well. 

If you hell bent on doing so I would just say 2x16GB as nicer the build would look having 4x8GB might as well just go with what would seem a bit more logical.

I want 32gb for next 6 or 7 years.

22 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

Get 2*8 now, then in a few years if you need more get more, because prices are way to high right now and and you won't need that much anytime soon

But is 32 GB enough for last 6 or 7 years?

7 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Remember this though: All this testing is done on a clean PC with a nearly clean Windows installation and it doesn't take into account other stuff running in the background that people usually have, especially those less tech-savvy (some BS software like "PC health cleaners" etc. it's terrible what you can find on PCs of other people).

There's something more - GPUs with relatively low video memory (like GTX 1060 3GB) suffer from less system memory in games due to stuff that's usually put into VRAM being transferred to a lot slower system memory, and if that's full then it goes onto A LOT slower hard drives. With 16 gigs, the latter never occurs and it increases minimum FPS by quite a bit.
Look here:
7RmIPB0.jpg

You'll see that in a VRAM-demanding title, to reach optimal, stutter-free performance you need a 16GB RAM kit even with a 6GB version of the 1060. The difference in minimum FPS is quite substantial.

But i want 32gb for next 6 to 7 years.

8 minutes ago, Sabir said:

Because of last 6 and 7 year.

Well if you think you need that much ram then just start off with 2 sticks of 8gb now then get another 2 sticks of 8gb when it's not enough (which I highly doubt).

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

5 minutes ago, Sabir said:

But i want 32gb for next 6 to 7 years.

You can always buy a second 16GB kit later. Odds are, that your CPU will become obsolete faster in those 6-7 years than the amount of RAM that you'll have.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

You can always buy a second 16GB kit later. Odds are, that your CPU will become obsolete faster in those 6-7 years than the amount of RAM that you'll have.

I really don't get it :(

5 minutes ago, vong said:

Well if you think you need that much ram then just start off with 2 sticks of 8gb now then get another 2 sticks of 8gb when it's not enough (which I highly doubt).

Thanks bro.