Gaming RIG upgrade. i5 4670k going to ryzen 1600x? good or bad.

Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,
1 minute ago, Snizer11 said:

Well my bad. I didn't mention it in the first place. But thanks for helping. So the best option is wait for ryzen 2.

Yeah, or wait for 10nm Ice Lake CPUs but they're due 2019 I believe, same with Ryzen 2. It's Ryzen+ (current Ryzen refresh with hopefully higher clock speeds) that is going to be out near the end of Q1 2018 according to AMD

25 minutes ago, Snizer11 said:

Well tha'ts good news. But i search about overclocking Ram in my board and its not good news for me though. I found a thread in this forum in overclocking B85m gamer boards and due to the chipset limitation, overclocking my processor and ram can't be done. :(

B85 chipset doesn't have overclocking support sadly so it's not possible. I assumed that since you have a "K" processor, you also had a Z87/Z97 chipset with it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

B85 chipset doesn't have overclocking support sadly so it's not possible. I assumed that since you have a "K" processor, you also had a Z87/Z97 chipset with it.

Well my bad. I didn't mention it in the first place. But thanks for helping. So the best option is wait for ryzen 2.

1 minute ago, Snizer11 said:

Yeah, or wait for 10nm Ice Lake CPUs but they're due 2019 I believe, same with Ryzen 2. It's Ryzen+ (current Ryzen refresh with hopefully higher clock speeds) that is going to be out near the end of Q1 2018 according to AMD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White