Corsair Vengance K95

adiobe

I bought the Vengance K95 like a month ago and I've used it quite a lot. So here's my honest review. 
I was looking for a new keyboard as my old one was a membrane keyboard. And since Linus/Slick talked so much about mechanical keyboards   I knew I needed one! 
I have chosen for the K95 because I like the design, beautiful back lid keys and damn that beautiful brushed aluminium backplate! 

Overal look and feel

When I first opened the box and saw the keyboard, I was amazed by the build quality and its looks. It's just stunning. The black aluminium backplate gives the keyboard it's strength and main looks. I also really like how the keys are 'floating' above the main base. 
And then, 'le moment suprème' , I've connected it's 2 USB ports and boooom! What a nice back light this keyboard has. The only thing I could say at that moment was: "Wooow!"

Ergonomics and typing experience

There is a palmrest delivered with the keyboard, which ads ton's of ergonomics to the keyboard. I couldn't really recommend you to not use the palmrest since the keys on the keyboard are rather high. 
The typing experience with this keyboard is really good. But I did need to adapt to this keyboard. I'm used that I could rest my hands on the key's, but when I do this to this keyboard, it detects a hit. So they're really-really sensitive (It uses MX RED switches). 

Features and software

The features on this keyboard are great. I love that you can choose between 3 profiles, which gives 3 different backlight options. You can individually choose which keys you want to be lit in each of the profiles. Overal I'm really happy with it. Although i thought I would used the G keys more often, I'm honest to say that I've never used them since I have this keyboard. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is exactly how I'll react when I open my K70!

Badly wanted the K95 but it doesn't match my theme anymore :(

Still excited nonetheless!

normal_CorsairK70_044.jpg

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

• 2 weeks later...

Now I REALLY need to save for a K95.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D