PC in freezer ?

HI, I recently purchased a new LG fridge that is constantly blowing cold air in(to avoid frost). Maybe put a pc in there as it can go down to -24° in the freezer sid e should one put a pc in there?medium07.jpgmedium02.jpg

If you want to rek your freezer, sure, go ahead.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I found a solution to this

CC24U5000M640_PCS_4210.jpg

Nema 12 server cabinet w/attached 5000 BTU AC unit :) Gonna set you back $5000 dollars though and you may have to do some modifications depending on how you set everything up.

lol what

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

A solid way to waste money every month on electricity. Because food does not generate heat, the fridge can stay cool for a long time while only running for a few hours a day. With the computer on, it generates heat that has to be pumped out and actively cooled, so the fridge will be running a LOT instead of the compressor being in an idle/off state.

On 06/02/2018 at 11:21 AM, Zander de beer said:

HI, I recently purchased a new LG fridge that is constantly blowing cold air in(to avoid frost). Maybe put a pc in there as it can go down to -24° in the freezer sid e should one put a pc in there?medium07.jpgmedium02.jpg

NOOOOPE!.

no really ,, dont .

Standard fridges and freezers are not cabale of handlign a constant heat load. they are designed to initialy bring down temperatures to a set level, and keep it there with minimal input of heat.

If you had a constant heat load from a PC, the compressor in said fridge or freezer would fail, as the rest of the system would not be able to expel the extra heat.

The difference between a refrigeration system designed with a heat load in mind, and a freezer or fridge, is the 'active' cooling. For example an AC has a proper condenser with a fan, a freezer simply has a coil on the back for passive cooling.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 2/6/2018 at 5:21 AM, Zander de beer said:

Fridges aren't capable of cooling something that actively produces heat. Nor do they have great ventilation anyways. Also super expensive energy and first buy wise. Also if it somehow did work, the freezing temp's might condensate and cause your pc to short out. So no, that is not a good idea

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

On 2/7/2018 at 9:50 PM, asus killer said:

i can't decide if this is a seriously good troll or just a "think outside of the box  known universe"

it is a  "think outside of the box  known universe"