Freesync woth intel

xXMrSimpleXx

Hello people i just bought a new intel system, and also wanted to change my screen so i found this 25’’ 240hz freesync and bought it but sole people say it is usless since i have an intel system abd not amd system, is this true and why? (Maybe stupide question but im still new to thos pc building and stuff)

2 minutes ago, xXMrSimpleXx said:

(Maybe stupide question but im still new to thos pc building and stuff)

AMD graphics cards or APUs for Freesync, NVIDIA graphics cards for G-Sync. That's all. They don't cross, so you need to buy according to your preferred setup.

ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROG Strix

this is my graphics card

freesync is a technology specially made to only work on AMD graphic cards, so if you do not have a AMD graphics card getting a freesync monitor is 100% useless unless you cant find the specs in a non freesync monitor (you can still use the monitor just wont be able to use freesync) 

2 minutes ago, xXMrSimpleXx said:

this is my graphics card

then you cannot use freesync you have a Nvidia GPU, they only have G sync and all G Sync monitors are pretty expensive 

you can still get the moniter and it will work just you cant use the freesync technology 

Thanks Planned to change gpu at later stage anyway, had to go a bit on the cheap side this time around

3 minutes ago, xXMrSimpleXx said:

this is my graphics card

thats an NVIDIA GPU, which cant use freesync nor will it even reach the refreshrate of that monitor in much more than CS:GO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

for now you can still enjoy the higher refresh rate, besides the higher the refresh rate the less noticeable tearing becomes 

3 hours ago, xXMrSimpleXx said:

Thanks Planned to change gpu at later stage anyway, had to go a bit on the cheap side this time around

Or dont forget you could get a g sync monitor instead and keep using your current card / future nvidia cards.

Its quite a significant thing now, that your choice of monitor locks you to using either brand of GPU.

Linus is my fetish.

I didnt really kniw about the g-sync and freesync just looked like an awesome screen and good picture quality ?

And there is not many screens with 240hz with g-sync that i have found

7 hours ago, xXMrSimpleXx said:

And there is not many screens with 240hz with g-sync that i have found

Running 240hz requires the highest end graphics cards. A 1050 ti is for 60hz gaming at 1080p on either high or medium settings. You could probably push CSGO at 144hz at best since it's relatively old and has options to tweak it (launch settings). But you'd play any new or intensive games between 30-60hz/FPS.