K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown vs. Speed)

So I'm torn b/w which one to get.

I've not had any experience with a Gaming Mechanical keyboard before. I've been using Razer DeathStalker Essential which has Chiclet keys. (It was a birthday gift)

But now I want to switch to the mechanical keyboard.

I initially thought about K70 LUX RGB but now I'm thinking a K95 Plat RGB would be a better choice because I found it to be a bit cheaper than K70 LUX RGB... And it has those Macro keys on the side as an addition.

So I thought about going with Brown, but brown is not only expensive, I don't know if it's worth it.

I wanted that little tactile feeling we get from pressing the keys while we type or anything and I heard it's good for gaming too, so I thought it'd be an all rounder.

But I'd have to import it and that'd cost a lot, about 40$ more than Speed switches.

So I guess the question is, What would you prefer? And why?

Would you pay about 40$ more for the brown?

I've only ever tried keyboards in-store, but I prefer Speed over Brown mostly due to noise. I found the Speed to be quieter.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

It's hard to say since, like many things, it's all down to preference. Do you have a local best buy or some tech store you can just waltz into and try out some keyboards? Chances are, you'll find a keyboard with mx reds (close enough to the speeds) and some variation of the mx browns (aka, some switch type with a tactile bump). I personally don't like the tactile bump since I find it a bit annoying when I'm quickly mashing keys and that bump is just "there." But there are people who actually like the bump which is why, again, I suggest you find a place that might have some keyboards. I would probably pick speeds because I don't like the bump personally. But then again, I don't like how light the speeds and reds are so : /

I choose K65 Rapidfire over K95 platinum (it's too big)

Only disadvantage is Corsair logo isn't RGB. 

And price.. K65 is a bit expensive than K95 Platinum.

As above, see if you can find somewhere where you can try them. I have a K70 with Browns, and the tactile bump when you're typing basically feels like there's something scratchy in there; almost like there are little teeth or fine grains of sand in the keys. With Reds/Speeds you just feel the spring compression and nothing else. 

Honestly I had never tried Browns before buying (couldn't find anywhere I could try it out) and I found them a bit weird to begin with. I like them a lot now, and people say they're a bit better for typing if you're going to be using it for that as well. I'm unconvinced how true that is TBH, but for sure you can learn not to bottom out more easily as you can feel when they actuate.

Though in my case I have membrane at work, so I mash all my keys like a crazy anyway.