Fan speeds not working properly with Corsair Link

So, I have a H115i liquid cooling for my 6600K. I’m having a slight issue. Basically what is going on is that my fans do not sync properly with the cpu temp. They used to before, I’m not sure why they don’t anymore. I tried running a cpu stress test and the fans didn’t even speed up. The cpu got to 54 degrees celcius in which I have 50 degrees set to run at 60% speed, yet I heard no speed difference in the fans.

I have the pump connected to usb and the fans connected how they should be om the H115i.

The cpu fan control and cpu pump control are both disabled in bios.

Note: I am still able to control the speeds and make the fans spin fast, but they wont slow down and speed up as they should.

4 minutes ago, DavidGuba said:

-

The fan speed is tied to the fluid temperatures, not the CPU temperatures. If the liquid inside the cooler is not hot, there is no reason for the fans to speed up.

29 minutes ago, DavidGuba said:

So, I have a H115i liquid cooling for my 6600K. I’m having a slight issue. Basically what is going on is that my fans do not sync properly with the cpu temp. They used to before, I’m not sure why they don’t anymore. I tried running a cpu stress test and the fans didn’t even speed up. The cpu got to 54 degrees celcius in which I have 50 degrees set to run at 60% speed, yet I heard no speed difference in the fans.

I have the pump connected to usb and the fans connected how they should be om the H115i.

The cpu fan control and cpu pump control are both disabled in bios.

Note: I am still able to control the speeds and make the fans spin fast, but they wont slow down and speed up as they should.

Can you plug the fans into the block instead of the motherboard and disable the cpu fan into the bios? I could do this with my old h110i gt.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

The fan speed is tied to the fluid temperatures, not the CPU temperatures. If the liquid inside the cooler is not hot, there is no reason for the fans to speed up.

But it was not like this before, I don’t know what changed, but a few months ago when doing the stress test, my fans instantly spun up from cpu heat. 

How can I monitor my fluid temp?

45 minutes ago, DarthSmartt said:

Can you plug the fans into the block instead of the motherboard and disable the cpu fan into the bios? I could do this with my old h110i gt.

They are plugged into the block and the cpu fan is disabled as I said in my post.

I am able to control the fans just fine, they just don’t ramp up and down as they should.

15 minutes ago, DavidGuba said:

But it was not like this before, I don’t know what changed, but a few months ago when doing the stress test, my fans instantly spun up from cpu heat. 

How can I monitor my fluid temp?

Fluid temps can be seen in Corsair Link. Perhaps you had a different fan curve before.

This topic is basically closed. I didn’t know you can assign fan speed curves to different component tempts and now I do.