Windows 10 or Windows 7

DeepShadow
Go to solution Solved by DeepShadow,

I think if u clean the drive and start fresh with fresh drivers and (iportantly) a genuine version's of windows on a system wich meets the windows requirments,it does not matter wich windows you install.But keep in mind that windows Xp is no loger suported so next up may be windows 7 but by that time most of us(or all of us)will be runnig a windows newer than 10 or 10  but at the moment it more a personal thing.

For features, updates, support and life time, Windows 10. 

Microsoft is really pushing for people to move to Windows 10, they're likely going to continue releasing Windows 10 only features in the future. The only reason really to go with Windows 7 is personal preference, or if you have a program or something that doesn't work with Windows 10. 

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

I'm biased and hate windows 10

so i vote 7

I am currently running Win 7 and its really fast where with 10 i had many problems of slowness ans stuff like start not work or just file explorer stop respond constently

1 minute ago, DeepShadow said:

I am currently running Win 7 and its really fast where with 10 i had many problems of slowness ans stuff like start not work or just file explorer stop respond constently

That sounds like you didn't clean install it properly.

When you install it correctly windows 10 works better than 7.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Just now, Enderman said:

i think that may be the case cause i have no idea where my winds 10 install file comes from 

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

lol no

10 tends to be much more intensive than 7 from my own testing. with literally 100% disk usage for the first 5 minutes of boot time doing lord knows what... that and it constantly having to seed nudes to the nsa tends to eat up a lot of power as well. 

nah stick with 7 , like the majority of earth did.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

lol no

10 tends to be much more intensive than 7 from my own testing. with literally 100% disk usage for the first 5 minutes of boot time doing lord knows what... that and it constantly having to seed nudes to the nsa tends to eat up a lot of power as well. 

nah stick with 7 , like the majority of earth did.

If you have 100% disk usage then something is obviously wrong with your PC.

Maybe you cloned or upgraded from 7 or something.

That's definitely not normal.

Mine sits at 0% CPU after booting and only uses 1.3GB of ram.

There's also this thing called the "settings" where you can disable most of the data collection if you (for some reason) think anyone cares about your data.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

11 minutes ago, DeepShadow said:

i think that may be the case cause i have no idea where my winds 10 install file comes from 

Do it properly (unlike all the people who complain about windows 10 because they don't know how to clean install) and you will have no problems.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

There's also this thing called the "settings" where you can disable most of the data collection if you (for some reason) think anyone cares about your data.

i would like to add the fact that when does not matter what operating system u are installing it backup yur stuff and format the disk and then install the operating system

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

lol , yeah just click a box and it "turns off"

what'd you do? follow an online guide that's older than the last windows update? lol. surprised how many people think they turned all that off then just left windows update running.

like putting bars on your windows and leaving the front door wide open.

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

and btw it was a fresh install , ran like garbage

yet a 5 year old windows 7 install ran perfect with a lot less than 1.3gb of ram usage dear god lol

I will also say if you buy the windows and own a legit version then no probs sould occur

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

lol , yeah just click a box and it "turns off"
what'd you do? follow an online guide that's older than the last windows update? lol. surprised how many people think they turned all that off then just left windows update running.
like putting bars on your windows and leaving the front door wide open.

Clearly you don't understand how metadata works.

I'll let you research it for yourself.

Hint: It's not a "door" or "window"

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

yet a 5 year old windows 7 install ran perfect with a lot less than 1.3gb of ram usage dear god lol

I'd like to see a picture of that. Oh wait, you just made that up :) haha because I also had windows 7 computers that were regularly clean installed :)

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

windows 7 used less ram and cpu than 10 but do u have to take to mind of "background proses"wich some very important and some just random program u don't even use so on base their the same but i think its all about what programs u use on and runs in back ground

1 minute ago, DeepShadow said:

windows 7 used less ram and cpu than 10 but do u have to take to mind of "background proses"wich some very important and some just random program u don't even use so on base their the same but i think its all about what programs u use on and runs in back ground

exactly , 10 has all sorts of crap running in the background

I once was at a bestbuy looking randomly at windows 10 laptops and there was one sitting there doing nothing essentially idle on the desktop. when i checked task manager it's cpu was pegged at 100% usage , even though no programs were running. it was all the background tasks trying to seed windows 10 upgrade everywhere lol. it was a joke

59 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I'd like to see a picture of that. Oh wait, you just made that up :) haha because I also had windows 7 computers that were regularly clean installed :)

i guess i can't blame you. I forget that some of the kids here were born long after netbooks with windows 7 were introduced.

Untitled.png

....and that's not even the machine i tried 10 on. I can't imagine watching 10 struggle to comprehend 1gb of ram. 10 is about as streamlined as a billboard in a hurricane 

Nothing wrong with 10 if you know what you are doing. It benches faster than 7 and is more stable. Works great on older systems as well.

As for 100% disk usage, disable network shares if you don't want it to do that. It's trying to update systems on the local lan to other win10 systems you have running. The other is to set up your local permissions for windows to access other pc's on your network.

Windows also requires a little time after install to finish all it's tasks in the background for streamlining the system after first boot so you will see heavy background use while it does it's maintenance.

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

I think if u clean the drive and start fresh with fresh drivers and (iportantly) a genuine version's of windows on a system wich meets the windows requirments,it does not matter wich windows you install.But keep in mind that windows Xp is no loger suported so next up may be windows 7 but by that time most of us(or all of us)will be runnig a windows newer than 10 or 10  but at the moment it more a personal thing.

54 minutes ago, billstelling said:

Nothing wrong with 10 if you know what you are doing. It benches faster than 7 and is more stable. Works great on older systems as well.

As for 100% disk usage, disable network shares if you don't want it to do that. It's trying to update systems on the local lan to other win10 systems you have running. The other is to set up your local permissions for windows to access other pc's on your network.

Windows also requires a little time after install to finish all it's tasks in the background for streamlining the system after first boot so you will see heavy background use while it does it's maintenance.

it's almost as if he was talking to someone who didn't know that