Removed Displayport cabre, reinserted, no picture

GER_T4IGA
Go to solution Solved by GER_T4IGA,

I fixed it. Thanks for the help

This PC is 100% functional. My profile has all components. Mainly GTX 1080 to XB271 (profile not update yet). 

I pulled the Displayport cabre to reroute it and renisterted it. No picture. I suppose it dropped back to standard output. 

I tried all Displayport and rebooting, whire having my rift plugged and unplugged. Doesn't matter to picture. 

I googled but every threads seems to be about new systems. That's why I decided to make my own here I am not utterly stupid but stupid enough to not know how to blindly fix this. Suggestions?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Have you tried unplugging the monitors power cable

Windows treats dp plug And play feature very oddly

I had to do this few Times even with turning off my monitor triggered it

13 minutes ago, pas008 said:

Have you tried unplugging the monitors power cable

Windows treats dp plug And play feature very oddly

I had to do this few Times even with turning off my monitor triggered it

I read a similar thing on YouTube. Tried unplugging monitor and tuning of PC PSU for 10s while holding the Powerbutton. Didn't help but will try with a longer duration tonight. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

43 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

This PC is 100% functional. My profile has all components. Mainly GTX 1080 to XB271 (profile not update yet). 

I pulled the Displayport cabre to reroute it and renisterted it. No picture. I suppose it dropped back to standard output. 

I tried all Displayport and rebooting, whire having my rift plugged and unplugged. Doesn't matter to picture. 

I googled but every threads seems to be about new systems. That's why I decided to make my own here I am not utterly stupid but stupid enough to not know how to blindly fix this. Suggestions?

DisplayPort cables can fail. Try a different DP cable or a HDMI cord to see if you get picture.

I've had a handful of cables fail on me over the years, different types - HDMI, DP, DVI, Analog, they have all failed.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

9 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I read a similar thing on YouTube. Tried unplugging monitor and tuning of PC PSU for 10s while holding the Powerbutton. Didn't help but will try with a longer duration tonight. 

Try while running then reset if doesn't go active too

2 hours ago, PCMasterDebater said:

DisplayPort cables can fail. Try a different DP cable or a HDMI cord to see if you get picture.

I've had a handful of cables fail on me over the years, different types - HDMI, DP, DVI, Analog, they have all failed.

This happened directly after unplugging, cable in brand new, came with the monitor 2 weeks ago. 

3.Use

I fixed it. Thanks for the help

3.Use