H100i v2 pump ticking

rijzen

So the other day the pump on my h100i had started ticking. I have removed it and checked for damage of any kind and there is none. Also made sure there was no air in the pump. I think it may need replacing and would rather not have any of my other hardware damaged, so should i RMA the thing or just grab a NH-D15 and call it a day? I care more about the noise than overall cooling performance and i do have NF-F12s on the h100i right now so it's pretty quiet. Any insights would be appreciated :)

Is it constant ticking or does it sound like the pump is vibrating? Are the screws tight enough? (snug, not over tight) 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Is it constant ticking or does it sound like the pump is vibrating? Are the screws tight enough? (snug, not over tight) 

it is a constant ticking, it only changes if i lower the pump speed in corsair link.

Sounds like your fans might be scratching the fun surface of the radiator... Have you tried inspecting the final surface to see if there is any bent fin that could be hitting the fan? 

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Sounds like your fans might be scratching the fun surface of the radiator... Have you tried inspecting the final surface to see if there is any bent fin that could be hitting the fan? 

I have tried it with the fans unplugged, it's definitely coming from the pump.

Just now, rijzen said:

I have tried it with the fans unplugged, it's definitely coming from the pump.

Understood. It sounds like somethings stuck inside of the pump then. If it's not overheating and the tubes themselves don't feel really hot to the touch, I'd suggest trying to RMA it because there may be more harm being done than good. 

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Understood. It sounds like somethings stuck inside of the pump then. If it's not overheating and the tubes themselves don't feel really hot to the touch, I'd suggest trying to RMA it because there may be more harm being done than good. 

Yeah that is what i thought as well. Temperatures are still good 58c at 4.6ghz on all cores  full avx load so i think i may just try and be safe and stick an air cooler on while it is being repaired/replaced. Thank you so much !

Just now, rijzen said:

Yeah that is what i thought as well. Temperatures are still good 58c at 4.6ghz on all cores  full avx load so i think i may just try and be safe and stick an air cooler on while it is being repaired/replaced. Thank you so much !

Sounds like a good plan. Not a problem. I can't imagine others having problem with the h100i v2 since I've had mine for over a year and it runs perfectly. :P