Nintendo switch dock power nonsense

ETHREAL1

So I’ve been haveing this strange problem as of late ware I have a fan, my Nintendo Switch, tv, and other things on a power strip.

when I turn on that said fan something strange happens, all power to my Nintendo switch dock disappears also meaning that the video output to the tv stops and the switch also stops charging but the switch it’s self and everything else on the power strip remains un effected and powered. Further more the only way to get power back to the dock is to unplug the power from the dock side specifically leaving the power nub still plugged in...

does anyone know what’s going on here? Should I be worried? What can I do to fix it/point the finger at?

Try plugging in the fan into another power socket? If the problem erases then its probably the power draw from the fan not being correct. 

2 minutes ago, Lazaro said:

Try plugging in the fan into another power socket? If the problem erases then its probably the power draw from the fan not being correct. 

That does fix the problem but.... there’s a reason the power strip is there... I’ve only got the one outlet ware my tv is.... so... should I be worried about something braking and why does nothing else on the power strip react including other 2.1 A devices like my intel comput stick?

On 2/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, ETHREAL1 said:

So I’ve been haveing this strange problem as of late ware I have a fan, my Nintendo Switch, tv, and other things on a power strip.

when I turn on that said fan something strange happens, all power to my Nintendo switch dock disappears also meaning that the video output to the tv stops and the switch also stops charging but the switch it’s self and everything else on the power strip remains un effected and powered. Further more the only way to get power back to the dock is to unplug the power from the dock side specifically leaving the power nub still plugged in...

does anyone know what’s going on here? Should I be worried? What can I do to fix it/point the finger at?

Sounds like the fan does not comply to electrical regulations.

Your fan is doing sever electrical interference with your other electronic. In this case, the instability of the current is making the power adapter of your Switch unable to operate properly. Alternatively, the fan is drawing a massive amount of current, leaving little to none for the Switch power adapter, which also needs a lot (~3 Amps). So I don't know what industrial fan you use.

Another possibility, is that your electrical plug wiring is wrong. Get a tester to ensure that you have the polarity correct (then again, the rest works, so I don't know)