Graphics card power consumption (w) is it per hour or per day or..

ISUther

lets do the math W=power

power= Ampere*voltage, watt=work/time

SI Unit of power is work/time in joules/sec

yeah, its 245w per second

245 wattage usage consistant 

you have to add in how long you're using 245w to tell you how much wattage you're going to use in an hour/day

that is why we have kWh

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

in my country our bill is computed in kilowatthours,

w*1000= 1kw, in one hour there are 3600 sec

(245*1000)/(3600)=68 Kwh

i don't know what units they use in other country

Thnx for feedback. 
I was just trying to understand this calculator better
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=1121&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=229&CostPerkWh=0,05&MiningPoolFee=1

So then i understand what graphics card take more power and what less. 
Have to understand how much it takes in hour so i can calculate power cost per card

For the unit Watt, itself, 1 Watt is equal to 1 joule per second; it's a rate of energy. If your PC is currently consuming 245 W of power, it is consuming 245 joules every second. But at that moment, it is consuming 245 W.

You worry about wattage when you're measuring power consumption. For instance, a PSU might not be able to adequately handle more power that's rated, and if so, it may either run less efficiently, shut down, or die and potentially take out your components. Or with a surge protector, it might not be able to adequately protect your components from surges if the components themselves require a lot of power.

You worry about wattage and time for other things like your power bill, which will probably be measured in kWh (kilowatt hours). For instance, if your PSU draws 245 W (it will draw more than this due to inefficiency, but let's ignore that for a moment) for 24 hours, you multiply 245 W by 24 hours and divide by 1000 W per kW to get 5.88 kWh.

7 minutes ago, ISUther said:

Thnx for feedback. 
I was just trying to understand this calculator better
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/btc?HashingPower=1121&HashingUnit=GH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=229&CostPerkWh=0,05&MiningPoolFee=1

So then i understand what graphics card take more power and what less. 
Have to understand how much it takes in hour so i can calculate power cost per card

For purposes of power bill calculations, you will get charged per KWh. An instantaneous measurement of 100W from the wall means that the appliance running for one hour at that level of consumption will result in 0.1 KWh of power consumption.

In your case, 245W means that running the graphics card at that level of usage will add 0.245 KWh to your power bill every hour.

27 minutes ago, Sir Launcelot said:

in my country our bill is computed in kilowatthours,

w*1000= 1kw, in one hour there are 3600 sec

(245*1000)/(3600)=68 Kwh

Thats not how that works. I do get your train of thought but its wrong, its an easy mistake to make.

The KWh is power usage over that hour. So if you leave the 245 W device on for 1 hour then you will have used 0.245 KWh

If the device was used half of the time (30min) then it will be 0.1225 KWh

7 hours ago, Dujith said:

Thats not how that works. I do get your train of thought but its wrong, its an easy mistake to make.

The KWh is power usage over that hour. So if you leave the 245 W device on for 1 hour then you will have used 0.245 KWh

If the device was used half of the time (30min) then it will be 0.1225 KWh

so my power bill ccharge is not calculated from what I learned from physics class?

8 hours ago, Sir Launcelot said:

so my power bill ccharge is not calculated from what I learned from physics class?

Not that way yes. Take for example the calculation you made:

An 245W device would end up with 68KWh per your calculation, so lets say you use that device for 2 hours a day.

2 x 68KWh = 136KWh per day, you dont use it every day but 1/3 of the year maybe? So that would be 136KWh x 121 = 16.456 KWh

I dont know what your rate is for electricity. But here its roughly 20 cents / KWh

16.456 KWh x 0.20 = 3291,2 Euro per year :D Seeing as 245W is what a house could easily use the whole day (refrigerator, ect)

multiply that number by 3 (for the whole year) and you would go bankrupt each year :S 

In reality the 245W for 24/7 would be:

0.245KWh x 24 x 365 = 2146,2KWh = 429 Euro

And following the 2 hour a day for 1/3 of the year:

0.245KWh x 2 x 121 = 59.29KWh = 11,86 Euro

I honestly think you have some terms mixed up. KWh is KW used in an hour, not KW per hour. 

Its a minor difference but like "i drove 80 Km/h" is in essence different then "i drove 80 Km in an hour"

5 hours ago, Dujith said:

Not that way yes. Take for example the calculation you made:

An 245W device would end up with 68KWh per your calculation, so lets say you use that device for 2 hours a day.

2 x 68KWh = 136KWh per day, you dont use it every day but 1/3 of the year maybe? So that would be 136KWh x 121 = 16.456 KWh

I dont know what your rate is for electricity. But here its roughly 20 cents / KWh

16.456 KWh x 0.20 = 3291,2 Euro per year :D Seeing as 245W is what a house could easily use the whole day (refrigerator, ect)

multiply that number by 3 (for the whole year) and you would go bankrupt each year :S 

In reality the 245W for 24/7 would be:

0.245KWh x 24 x 365 = 2146,2KWh = 429 Euro

And following the 2 hour a day for 1/3 of the year:

0.245KWh x 2 x 121 = 59.29KWh = 11,86 Euro

I honestly think you have some terms mixed up. KWh is KW used in an hour, not KW per hour. 

Its a minor difference but like "i drove 80 Km/h" is in essence different then "i drove 80 Km in an hour"

thank you for clearing my misconception. I always thought it means killowatt per hour

In Physics class you should have learned that power=energy/time. That calculation is devoid of any units, you may also have learned that 1 watt=1 joule/second, but those units can easily be replaced to, for instance, 1kW=1kWh/h.