Wi-Fi affecting each other?

TonyTheNain
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
2 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Yes they are both from the same internet provider and I mean internet speed. No they are not on the same channel.

Well, obviously, if they both use the same Internet-connection then the bandwidth on your connection is shared between the two.

Hello! 

Ok so in my house, I have two Wi-fi connections: one for the basement and one for the rest of the house.

(We'll call the two connections 1 and 2)

Now, it's not really a problem, I just want a little clarification: when I'm downloading games on my Pc or my PS4 on Wi-fi number 1, wi-fi number 2 slows down, but the two are not connected to each other. 

Is this normal or not, and can someone explain that to me?

Thank you!

Need some more clarification: when you're talking about slowing down, do you mean Internet-speeds, or do you mean local network speeds? And are the two WiFi-networks connected to the same Internet-providing router/modem/device? Also, are the two WiFi-networks on the same channel?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Need some more clarification: when you're talking about slowing down, do you mean Internet-speeds, or do you mean local network speeds? And are the two WiFi-networks connected to the same Internet-providing router/modem/device? Also, are the two WiFi-networks on the same channel?

What they said and also what frequency is the router operating at?

Core i5-6600k OCed to 4.7GHz@1.325V | Hyper 212 Evo | ASUS GTX 1070 Strix ASUS z170-AR MOBO | 16GB DDR4@2400MHz | 500GB 850 EVO SSD | 1TB WD HDD | EVGA 650W G2 PSU | HyperX Cloud II Headset | Corsair K65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair STRAFE Brown Keyswitch Mechanical Keyboard |

Spoiler

Legend says, RGB makes your pc 15% faster.

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes they are both from the same internet provider and I mean internet speed. No they are not on the same channel.

2 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Well, obviously, if they both use the same Internet-connection then the bandwidth on your connection is shared between the two.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Alright thank you!

It's clear now