Upgrading laptop RAM? Help?

Hi there,

I have a laptop which is the 15-bw054sa 15.6inch AMD A6-9220 APU

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-15-bw054sa-15-6-laptop-grey-10164662-pdt.html

I see on the bottom that there is no compartment to access ram however I do see 3 screws.

I also have checked that my current speed of the ram in my PC is going at 1866MHz??? or around that area.

How do I upgrade my RAM as a total newbie-ish.

I understand that I need the same speed for maximum optimization

Also does having a second stick of RAM really affect my performance on games that much? Will it add frames? possibly add 10+frames?

I heard that APUs can benefit incredibly from increased RAM and thus I really want to get a stick of memory for this laptop, its just that im cautious of the fact that I dont know where the RAM goes (possibly underneath my keyboard????) and if I buy the correct ram. Ive had a look at Crucial and they suggest 2400MHz, is this correct?

I have provided images of my laptop and the screws im talking about.

As you can see there are no screws near the keyboard or above the laptop

however there are 4 screws at the bottom.

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

If it's even possible (I think it is, but I haven't done any research), you'd take the bottom panel off, and there should be RAM slots somewhere on the motherboard. If there isn't, the RAM isn't replaceable.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I have checked in my Task Manager and it said that I have 1 out of 2 RAM slots used with 1866MHz 4gb at DDR4

I was just hoping that someone has worked with this type before or has a manual. I really dont want to go to some professional and pay 30 quid for 4 screws. Im just a pussy alright lmao

also if i have a 4gb stick, do i have to get another 4gb?or can i go 8gb and reward this pc with free memory

The service manual is here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

To remove the bottom cover, you need to remove the four visible screws, four under the feet (one under each), and one in the battery compartment (total of 9 screws). Pry it up, front to back, and remove the cover. There are two memory slots near the front of the computer. 

8 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

The service manual is here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

To remove the bottom cover, you need to remove the four visible screws, four under the feet (one under each), and one in the battery compartment (total of 9 screws). Pry it up, front to back, and remove the cover. There are two memory slots near the front of the computer. 

dangit, got ninja'd :P