My 1st Build

UnReal_Orbit

Hey guys!

So I have decided to build my own pc, mainly for gaming, but still for surfing the web and watching YouTube. I have developed a build on PCPartPicker and I have the link to it below. I would really appreciate if you looked at the build, tell me what you think and what I could change to make it better. I would love to get a better graphics card, but since they are so highly priced right now, I cannot make do with the budget I have which is around $1200. The ram I have selected will be free from a friend. 

Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9gjjc

Save on the PSU, get less RAM, get cheaper fans and a better GPU.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

-= Moved to New Builds and Planning =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Save on the PSU, get less RAM, get cheaper fans and a better GPU.

Did you not read the RAM is free

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

2 minutes ago, Zic05 said:

Did you not read the RAM is free

Nope, thanks :$

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Honestly I would just build a pc with out a gpu for now and wait for prices to go down and pick one up down the line. 

5 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

So the fans you picked out are gorgeous but over priced. Are you willing to give them up for a better gpu?

Possibly. If I did, what would you suggest?

Put the radiator in front as exhaust and the 2 fans that come with the case as intake

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ZIC/saved/HmdTWZ

"(1) High Frame Rates (2) Ultra Graphics Settings (3) Cheap>>>>Choose only two" Chevaishr

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AnalCavity

PCPartPicker URL

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/bsJ8TW 

that ram isn't really priced that much higher than other similar capacity and speeds. but the speeddoesn't really gain you anything.

you don't even need 500W of power and you'd still be very large for upgrading.

those fans look good and all but they are really really cutting your budget for nothing but looks... you don't need extra fans usually in the popular cases NZXT, phanteks or fractal design.

YOU DON'T HAVE AN SSD O__O add one to the build or die trying.

and the unfortunate state of the GPU market leave you little choice i guess. try finding out when GPU get chipped to a local store and buy it instantly when it arrives or go towards the second hand market to get higher end last gen cards that will stomp the 1050ti (970, 980. 980ti) for probably the same amount of money

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

5 minutes ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

Possibly. If I did, what would you suggest?

I would use the fans that come on the rad, and just 2 decent out fans on the top and back. You can always update the swag later, but getting the most powerful gpu you can will make the biggest difference. That CPU along with the 8700k is the most powerful gaming CPU out there, and that 1050 ti will bottleneck the hell out of it.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

that ram isn't really priced that much higher than other similar capacity and speeds. but the speeddoesn't really gain you anything.

you don't even need 500W of power and you'd still be very large for upgrading.

those fans look good and all but they are really really cutting your budget for nothing but looks... you don't need extra fans usually in the popular cases NZXT, phanteks or fractal design.

YOU DON'T HAVE AN SSD O__O add one to the build or die trying.

and the unfortunate state of the GPU market leave you little choice i guess. try finding out when GPU get chipped to a local store and buy it instantly when it arrives or go towards the second hand market to get higher end last gen cards that will stomp the 1050ti (970, 980. 980ti) for probably the same amount of money

Is there a certain SSD you would use? So, what you are saying is that I do not need to buy any extra fans because the ones in the case are good enough for what I need?

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

I would use the fans that come on the rad, and just 2 decent out fans on the top and back. You can always update the swag later, but getting the most powerful gpu you can will make the biggest difference. That CPU along with the 8700k is the most powerful gaming CPU out there, and that 1050 ti will bottleneck the hell out of it.

So I should go to a radiator vs. air cooled CPU cooler? How difficult is that to setup and maintain? If I didn't get those fans and got a radiator, it would pretty much be the same price. The only graphics card I would probably be able to upgrade to would be a 1060. 

2 minutes ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

So I should go to a radiator vs. air cooled CPU cooler? How difficult is that to setup and maintain? If I didn't get those fans and got a radiator, it would pretty much be the same price. The only graphics card I would probably be able to upgrade to would be a 1060. 

Air cooled is fine. If you stay air cooled just get 3 cheaper fans, even the case fans if it comes with it are fine to start. And a 1060 would give you a dramatically better gaming experience.

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Air cooled is fine. If you stay air cooled just get 3 cheaper fans, even the case fans if it comes with it are fine to start. And a 1060 would give you a dramatically better gaming experience.

Any brand fans you reccomend? I have been looking at Arctic and the Corsair AF120. I am trying to go for a white and mint or white and blue build. But I guess that will probably have to wait until i get the other fans. I just want to get the PC build and switch over from console. 

2 minutes ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

Any brand fans you reccomend? I have been looking at Arctic and the Corsair AF120. I am trying to go for a white and mint or white and blue build. But I guess that will probably have to wait until i get the other fans. I just want to get the PC build and switch over from console. 

Good white ones are Deepcool, or I know that Cyorig has some too that are decent. Can't go wrong with Corsair. And I am 100% on a mission to get people from console to pc ahah.

8 minutes ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

Do they have to be RGB?

If not:

They're expensive and not that sexy, but in term of performance and noise, you won't find anything better. Unless you're up for some beige color scheme.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

5 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Good white ones are Deepcool, or I know that Cyorig has some too that are decent. Can't go wrong with Corsair. And I am 100% on a mission to get people from console to pc ahah.

I have looked at Cyrorig too. I do like those. 

1 minute ago, Parideboy said:

Do they have to be RGB?

If not:

They're expensive and not that sexy, but in term of performance and noise, you won't find anything better.

No, they don't have to be lol. I was just looking for a good looking build, I can always buy regular fans now and then RGB stuff later down the line. 

7 hours ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

Is there a certain SSD you would use? So, what you are saying is that I do not need to buy any extra fans because the ones in the case are good enough for what I need?

yeah you have enough to keep enough air going through the case so that everything stays cool.

any sata ssd or m.2 will be fine for you. what ever is cheapest really... i like m.2 form factor because it removes all cables and it's very convenient.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

13 hours ago, UnReal_Orbit said:

Hey guys!

So I have decided to build my own pc, mainly for gaming, but still for surfing the web and watching YouTube. I have developed a build on PCPartPicker and I have the link to it below. I would really appreciate if you looked at the build, tell me what you think and what I could change to make it better. I would love to get a better graphics card, but since they are so highly priced right now, I cannot make do with the budget I have which is around $1200. The ram I have selected will be free from a friend. 

Thanks!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t9gjjc

54 minutes ago, SliceT said:

If you buy the OS online (google win10 key - legal) you can find for 29$.

That and few tweaks you get a SSD for the same price you have now.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KtKmf8

if you dont activate you can use window anyways whithout activation and   use that money to another thing .