Will There Be Any Difference Between The Fastest GT 1030 and The Slowest GT 1030?

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The 1030 is even slower than the 750.

Wait I'm wrong sorry.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Just now, DrDerp said:

Personally, I am looking into getting a GT 1030 myself because of the inflated GPU prices and the fact that I need Small Form Factor.

I would reccomend you getting the EVGA GT 1030 OC 2GB. Its only 80 bucks. But from what the others had been saying, if you can find one EVGA 750 Ti FTW for around 60 bucks. Then get it, cuz it can be overclocked much better than the 1030, and deliverd around 10 percent more performance than the 1030

Just now, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

I would reccomend you getting the EVGA GT 1030 OC 2GB. Its only 80 bucks. But from what the others had been saying, if you can find one EVGA 750 Ti FTW for around 60 bucks. Then get it, cuz it can be overclocked much better than the 1030, and deliverd around 10 percent more performance than the 1030

I got small form factor, makes it about 20-30 dollars more expensive used and far rarer.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Just now, DrDerp said:

I got small form factor, makes it about 20-30 dollars more expensive used and far rarer.

Which 1030 varient did u get?

1 minute ago, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

Which 1030 varient did u get?

Have not gotten one yet. Will most likely get the actively cooled MSI variant.

I like how it looks, even the 1060 3GB looks exactly the same, just bigger, but the design is the same

3 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

Ohh Idk massive CPU bottleneck? *cough* I bought one myself for that reason alone. Plus a pathethic PSU. There are a ton of reasons why one would buy such a card. 

So considering for a extra 50-100 you basically double the performance.

you can also get a used 750ti for like 40 bucks and that'll serve the same purpose

My life

1 hour ago, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

I agree, just like what I replied to Apepa, it serves a lot of reasons such as a cheap and profitable way to Esports gaming.

Indeed, My A6 3650 was too crappy for a 1050 to be worth it. So I got a 1030 

1 hour ago, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

Pretty impressive when you manage to keep it stable at 1936Mhz. I overclocked my 1050 4Gb GDDR5 laptop +740Mhz memeory speed and +215Mhz on clock speed.

Yeah, them Aero cards are impressive xD 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

So considering for a extra 50-100 you basically double the performance.

you can also get a used 750ti for like 40 bucks and that'll serve the same purpose

But is that 50-100 more worth it when your CPU will hold that back entirely? Exactly,  And well some people want their cards new ya know (Bought a used 730 and it died half a year later, not bad tho tbh) 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

2 hours ago, DrDerp said:

Personally, I am looking into getting a GT 1030 myself because of the inflated GPU prices and the fact that I need Small Form Factor.

First see if you can find a used SFF 750 Ti. Or any model newer than the 750 Ti (besides the 1030 of course). 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

31 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

First see if you can find a used SFF 750 Ti. Or any model newer than the 750 Ti (besides the 1030 of course). 

I've seen them, but they go for quite a bit. The average starting price where I live is about 80 dollars, and it can get way higher if people bid on it.

2 hours ago, DrDerp said:

I've seen them, but they go for quite a bit. The average starting price where I live is about 80 dollars, and it can get way higher if people bid on it.

Don't use eBay.  Use apps like letgo and OfferUp (assuming they're available in your country).

The GT 1030 is one of the only cards that's not affected by mining costs.  The price/performance ratio isn't too bad relative to new prices (which are horrendous).  It's just worth a look to see if you've got other options.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

They aren't crap if you're looking to run Esport titles in Very High to Ultra settings and still manage to get above 50fps. Overwatch maybe Very High and get around mid-50s to 60 fps. It can run GTA V on High settings and would get around 45-50 fps as well. So it isn't that bad, considering how high even GTX 1050 prices now are. I believe the cheapest GTX 1050 on Newegg is around $130 US. I might be wrong but it's around that price point. Thanks for replying.

I would expect 1050 prices to come back down soon; 2GB cards can't be used to mine Etherium any more.

31 minutes ago, Apepa said:

I would expect 1050 prices to come back down soon; 2GB cards can't be used to mine Etherium any more.

I was under the impression that the low end cards like the 1050 and 1050 Ti weren't used for mining, but that their price went up because they were all that was available at msrp for a long time due to mining on higher tier cards, and the supply just eventually dried up. 

8 hours ago, Gaming_Groove said:

I was under the impression that the low end cards like the 1050 and 1050 Ti weren't used for mining, but that their price went up because they were all that was available at msrp for a long time due to mining on higher tier cards, and the supply just eventually dried up. 

So technically what you're saying is that the rising prices of those GTX 1050 are because of the other high end GTX 10s series card rising prices? Then why isn't the GT 1030 prices also go up? The 1030 is also in the 10 series card. If I get your point wrong, then I'm sorry.

9 hours ago, Gaming_Groove said:

Miners use anything that's profitable, not just high end cards. The 1060 6GB is currently the miner sweetheart, which is bittersweet for me as I got one at MSRP last month.

has it really gotten that bad? are we buying 1030s now? i remember when 30s were called multimedia cards and not even considered for gaming at all. is there a reason why you wouldnt just get an older 60 or 70 cards for the same budget?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

4 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

has it really gotten that bad? are we buying 1030s now? i remember when 30s were called multimedia cards and not even considered for gaming at all. is there a reason why you wouldnt just get an older 60 or 70 cards for the same budget?

Because of the huge performance increase. Comparing the 730 and the 1030 shows that the 1030 has double or so performance. Along with modern API support and such.

On 1/30/2018 at 6:40 PM, cluelessgenius said:

No, we can still go to retailers that sell 1050s at their msrp. We dont have to go to amazon, new egg, or micro center to get 1050s for like 130 to 150 bucks. And 1030 can run tripple a games as well. 1030 can run GTA V in High settings 50fps. Thats not even considered bad, thats actualy really good. Esports game are no big deal for 1030s.

On 30/01/2018 at 4:10 PM, DrDerp said:

Because of the huge performance increase. Comparing the 730 and the 1030 shows that the 1030 has double or so performance. Along with modern API support and such.

On 01/02/2018 at 3:38 PM, Tomaha4k_2k3 said:

No, we can still go to retailers that sell 1050s at their msrp. We dont have to go to amazon, new egg, or micro center to get 1050s for like 130 to 150 bucks. And 1030 can run tripple a games as well. 1030 can run GTA V in High settings 50fps. Thats not even considered bad, thats actualy really good. Esports game are no big deal for 1030s.

But they're still not up to what you can get second hand for the same price or less. You could probably find a whole system with a better graphics card in it for that price.

The second hand market is going up in price.

Decent 4gb GTX 670/680s used to go for ~$100 with shipping, now they go for $200+.

• 1 month later...

Mini and Shuttle PC's use 2 different type small graphic card.

Either you're limited by height. ( the card has to be very short.)

These PC's are usually as large as normal PC's but for some reason, thin.

Or

If it's a shuttle, depth. ( no longer than the graphics slot) Shuttles of course look really pretty compared to any other type of PC.

The other type is the mini PC which you can't fit anything in usually. Recently they've been made even smaller by switching to laptop smaller ram.