Microphone budget $100

JohnYarowy

Hi I'm a gamer who talks a lot on discord and Skype and my friends always complain about my mic and how trash it is. I want a new microphone with an arm and I saw the razer sieren x.  I don't want to get a whole bunch of accessories I'm a plug and go type of guy.  So is the razer sieren x good for 100 bucks and I can get a cheapo boom arm and shock mount from neewer and be on my way? Or should I get something else?

Maybe consider a ModMic?

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

I've heard good things from Audio Technica, but I've never used them. I have used the Blue Snowball though, and it's pretty good for a sub $100 mic. The Blue Yeti is my current mic of choice.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

I'm personally not a huge fan of condenser microphones just because of how much noise they pick up in the background. Good quality and warmer sounds, but I have too much ambient noise just from my PC and keyboard to prefer them. It'll arrive in a couple days but I just replaced my Blue Snowball iCE with an Audio-Technica ATR2100, which I'll be putting on my Neewer microphone arm with a foam pop filter.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I think AT2020 USB should be around your budget. Its a great mic.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

3 hours ago, nicobombai said:

I think AT2020 USB should be around your budget. Its a great mic.

it's too expensive, I've decided with the cheaper varient atr2500 and a boom arm and a filter and mount.