Custom Water Cooling Help

I'm wanting to build a custom water cooling loop for my 7700k just for the CPU. I'm already using an H100i V2 for it, but I really want the aesthetics of a custom loop. I've done a bit of research on it and think that all the parts I got are compatible, but I want to make sure. Could someone take a look at this and tell me if I have everything right or if I'm missing parts. Also any suggestions would be appreciated as well. I'm trying to keep it around the $300 range also. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2MDX1WJ79TZF0/ref=cm_wl_huc_view 

7 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I'm wanting to build a custom water cooling loop for my 7700k just for the CPU. I'm already using an 

You'l need 2 more fittings, but you need to make your mind up on whether you want hard or soft tubing. You've selected fittings for soft tube but your basket contains hard tbing.

You need to go for a different compression fitting for hard line. and also need bending tools (silicon insert and a heat gun)

You should also plan for a drain with a t splitter and a ball valve and a dual rotary male to male fitting.

You should also get a coolant like EKcryofuel.

11 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I'm wanting to build a custom water cooling loop for my 7700k just for the CPU. I'm already using an H100i V2 for it, but I really want the aesthetics of a custom loop. I've done a bit of research on it and think that all the parts I got are compatible, but I want to make sure. Could someone take a look at this and tell me if I have everything right or if I'm missing parts. Also any suggestions would be appreciated as well. I'm trying to keep it around the $300 range also. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2MDX1WJ79TZF0/ref=cm_wl_huc_view 

you need 6 fittings (currently only 4), some fans unless you already have enough. 

you also need a way to bend the PETG, or might be better to go with soft tubing if this is your first loop.

9 hours ago, For Science! said:

You'l need 2 more fittings, but you need to make your mind up on whether you want hard or soft tubing. You've selected fittings for soft tube but your basket contains hard tbing.

You need to go for a different compression fitting for hard line. and also need bending tools (silicon insert and a heat gun)

You should also plan for a drain with a t splitter and a ball valve and a dual rotary male to male fitting.

You should also get a coolant like EKcryofuel.

I want hard tubing, but I didn't realize that my compression fittings were for soft tubing. How can I tel if they are for soft or hard tubing, and could you also recommend some for me preferably black or white? What kind of drain would you recommend as well? For coolant I was thinking of going with distilled water with a silver coil and white dye, but would going with a pre-mixed coolant be better?

9 hours ago, Prqnk3d said:

you need 6 fittings (currently only 4), some fans unless you already have enough. 

you also need a way to bend the PETG, or might be better to go with soft tubing if this is your first loop.

I'm going to get another 4 pack of those same fittings thank you. For fans I do have enough. I have access to a heat gun so I was going to use that to bend the tubing as well. thank you for the advice.

19 minutes ago, Antivist said:

I want hard tubing, but I didn't realize that my compression fittings were for soft tubing. How can I tel if they are for soft or hard tubing, and could you also recommend some for me preferably black or white? What kind of drain would you recommend as well? For coolant I was thinking of going with distilled water with a silver coil and white dye, but would going with a pre-mixed coolant be better?

It will say for the fitting, if you look in the description it does say its for soft tubing. I don't know if you're particularly attached to XSPC, but I picked stuff that were still the same brand. It's important to note that for xspc you must use xspc tube with xspc fittings, and that is generally a good rule for any company (if you get primochill tubes, get primochill fittings, etc).

Shopping list

With respect to drain system, you have to build it yourself using the above components youself, see mine below. Since XSPC stuff seem to be all female-to-female, you will need to use 2 male-to-male fittings to make it work. Also you need a stop plug, one soft tubing compression fitting, and some tubing to make your life easier when you actually come to do it.

image.png.826ce18fbee05924a95df7a707e4e466.png

If you want white opaque fluid, then Mayhems pastel is basically your only option. I personally don't like them, but I believe for opaque fluids they're the better one of the lot. Silver kill coil and dyes are not very effective and I would discourage you heavily from doing so.

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

It will say for the fitting, if you look in the description it does say its for soft tubing. I don't know if you're particularly attached to XSPC, but I picked stuff that were still the same brand. It's important to note that for xspc you must use xspc tube with xspc fittings, and that is generally a good rule for any company (if you get primochill tubes, get primochill fittings, etc).

Shopping list

With respect to drain system, you have to build it yourself using the above components youself, see mine below. Since XSPC stuff seem to be all female-to-female, you will need to use 2 male-to-male fittings to make it work. Also you need a stop plug, one soft tubing compression fitting, and some tubing to make your life easier when you actually come to do it.

image.png.826ce18fbee05924a95df7a707e4e466.png

If you want white opaque fluid, then Mayhems pastel is basically your only option. I personally don't like them, but I believe for opaque fluids they're the better one of the lot. Silver kill coil and dyes are not very effective and I would discourage you heavily from doing so.

This has been extremely helpful thank you! I've updated my part list and does it look like everything is in order? I'm going to decide on dyes and colors later. I'm just getting a rough figure for the cost and what I'm looking for etc. I'm not really set on any one brand as long as it's good and relatively budget friendly. So if you have any other preferred brands and part lists I would appreciate seeing them to get a better idea for what's out there. 

50 minutes ago, Antivist said:

This has been extremely helpful thank you! I've updated my part list and does it look like everything is in order? I'm going to decide on dyes and colors later. I'm just getting a rough figure for the cost and what I'm looking for etc. I'm not really set on any one brand as long as it's good and relatively budget friendly. So if you have any other preferred brands and part lists I would appreciate seeing them to get a better idea for what's out there. 

I'm not too familiar with XSPCs quality, but generally speaking this is what I feel the community says very often:

Quality Fittings: Bitspower

Pump: D5 from Xylem/Laing

Radiators: HardwareLabs for performance, Alphacool for low fpi

Block variety: EKWB

Block quality: Watercool/EKWB

For this reason I quite like this custom kit below, which has all the goodies, the only things I don't like are the radiator and the fact that it comes with fan. Have a look at the kits, but I would recommend getting a D5 pump - its like an industry standard, and it'll be good for when you decide to include your GPU into the loop one day too. I know its a tad over the 300 mark, but see it as an investment, of course alternatively cart it out yourself ;)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-oem-p240-liquid-petg-cooling-kit-featuring-ekwb.html#Features