VMs and Ubuntu and VM Settings Changes...

handymanshandle

Soo I'm running VMWare Workstation Player 12 (12.5.8 build-7098237) (not sure if host os info is relevant: Windows 10, 64-bit  (Build 16299) 10.0.16299)

I was running 16.04 (LTS)

Originally the VM had 4GB of ram and like 768mb of vram and 6 cores...
I gave it 12 cores, 6GB of RAM and 2GB of vram... Even tried setting it back to the original settings and I still get this...

unknown.png

followed instructions on a thread in the official ubuntu forum where you go into failsafeX but that doesn't work, so then I do the next step of pressing ctrl+alt+f1 and trying to reinstall the graphic drivers it can't find it. Soz what the hell is up anyone knows how to fix?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What if you boot the VM from the ISO file("Try Ubuntu"), does it have the same issues?

Did you install the VM guest additions?  I don't remember what they are called in VMware, but VirtualBox calls them "Install Guest Additions".

This supplies the guest VM with necessary drivers such as the emulated video card.  The guest additions also need to be updated each time the VM platform is updated.

28 minutes ago, Paul Vreeland said:

Did you install the VM guest additions?  I don't remember what they are called in VMware, but VirtualBox calls them "Install Guest Additions".

This supplies the guest VM with necessary drivers such as the emulated video card.  The guest additions also need to be updated each time the VM platform is updated.

I had tried to install the VMware guest tools or whatever and it wouldn't work. I guess I might try re-installing which would suck because I had finally gotten Steam, Discord and TF2 installed.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization