Format SSD and reinstall Windows after using bootleg version.

Hi 

I was helping a friend build a new pc, everything was setup fine but we soon realised we had bought a pirated version of windows and cannot use most of the windows features. 

We want to format/wipe the SSD (only storage drive) and re-install windows (this time using a download from the MS website onto a USB drive). 

I feel like this should be pretty straightforward but just wanted to ask what to do to be sure. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

You can wipe drives in the windows install thingie. Its after it askes to do a quick install or custom one.

EDIT. Remember to unplug any other hdd's/sdd's, just in case

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

Just now, Flavortown2k16 said:

You can wipe drives in the windows install thingie. Its after it askes to do a quick install or custom one.

So Just buy and download the new windows onto the usb stick. 

Boot from the new windows, and in the install settings it should allow us to wipe the SSD? 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Just now, ConfusedDolphin said:

So Just buy and download the new windows onto the usb stick. 

Boot from the new windows, and in the install settings it should allow us to wipe the SSD? 

https://www.microsoft.com/fi-fi/software-download/windows10

You can buy it later, windows 10 doesnt require key to install.

I cant exactly remember when does it exactly ask that, but its after a 2 choice screen, other is quick install and other is custom, which allows you to select which drive to install it and remove any old ones that you couldnt format otherwise, os drives for example

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

2 hours ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

https://www.microsoft.com/fi-fi/software-download/windows10

You can buy it later, windows 10 doesnt require key to install.

I cant exactly remember when does it exactly ask that, but its after a 2 choice screen, other is quick install and other is custom, which allows you to select which drive to install it and remove any old ones that you couldnt format otherwise, os drives for example

Shift+F10. Type in the command prompt windows "diskpart" Then type in "list disk" Select your hard drive. Type in "select disk 0" If that is your drive, type in "clean". Hope this helps!