CPU Cooler Sagging

HristoBB

Ok guys i have a asus 1155 board pretty basic one i think it's H61M-D and a I7 3770 with Be Quiet! Pure Rock 120m cooler on it 
and from the window of my case i can clearly see that the tower cooler is sagging down a little it's not sitting 90 degrees against the board it's more like 85 degrees.. I can't take a picture of it right now but i'll try to draw smth so u can imagine what i am talking about. 
any advice on this will be helpful .. like can it be fixed or it is not going to do harm 
Everything is mounted fine i was using the guide which came in the cooler box 
temps are around 30 at idle and 55/60 at max usage so more than perfect. 
i checked all screws twice everything is nice and tight.

Untitled.png

Also i have a GTX 780 Gainward Phantom GLH Edition which is 2.5 slot cooler card and pretty heavy one and it is not sagging at all 

If it's mounted fine and it is making proper contact with the CPU, then it should be fine. It could only be an issue if it is mounted incorrectly, so double check that.

everything is mounted properly i checked that .. i can lift the cooler with my finger and the whole board flexes to the right position then it is sagging again when i let of 

it sounds like your motherboard is weak. It should be fine as long s it isn't too extreme. Just be a little gentle if you need to move the computer at all

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Yeah it is the motherboard that is flexing not the cooler itself ..

Jonathan Parker no i am not getting any errors or performance issues at all it is just that it doesn't look pretty 

There is a picture that i tried to take but it is not so clear it's much more visible in person 

27393869_1676695745755122_199451818_o.jpg

The cooler isn't necessarily sagging just because it isn't parallel with the side panel. Heatpipes are malleable and can easily bend the heatsink at an angle. Your temps are fine so I'd say leave it alone. If it's an eyesore, you can remove the heatsink and gently bend the heatpipes back into place.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

maybe you screw it too tight? how bad is the motherboard  flex? 

if no performance issues then you're good

21 hours ago, HristoBB said:

everything is mounted properly i checked that .. i can lift the cooler with my finger and the whole board flexes to the right position then it is sagging again when i let of

That sound more like moro isn't screwed tight. Pure Rock isn't really heavy cooler in comparison to some others.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Everything is screwed as tight as it can without striping the threads and crushing the pcb :D
i literally checked everything already like 4 times.. it seem like my mobo is just too thin and weak and after all it is a 40$ mobo .. 
maybe i will leave it the way it is because there is nothing i can do about it maybe new motherboard that's beefier and larger.. I'll just have to make sure if i ever want to move my pc to remove the cooler so there is no additional stress going through the motherboard cuz i'm pretty sure that one speedbump in the car and it will be the end of my pc :D
It is very strange tho that my video card which is 28 centimeters long with 2.5 slot 3 fan cooler and no back plate is not bent even slightly.
my gtx 760 that was 20cm with pretty small heatsink and 2 small fans was sagging a lot .
anyways guys thanks for the suggestions and help i think the case is closed now .. cheers! 

12 hours ago, HristoBB said:

Everything is screwed as tight as it can without striping the threads and crushing the pcb :D
i literally checked everything already like 4 times.. it seem like my mobo is just too thin and weak and after all it is a 40$ mobo .. 
maybe i will leave it the way it is because there is nothing i can do about it maybe new motherboard that's beefier and larger.. I'll just have to make sure if i ever want to move my pc to remove the cooler so there is no additional stress going through the motherboard cuz i'm pretty sure that one speedbump in the car and it will be the end of my pc :D
It is very strange tho that my video card which is 28 centimeters long with 2.5 slot 3 fan cooler and no back plate is not bent even slightly.
my gtx 760 that was 20cm with pretty small heatsink and 2 small fans was sagging a lot .
anyways guys thanks for the suggestions and help i think the case is closed now .. cheers! 

It might be that card is actually dragging board down, but PCIe slot is made sturdier to not break straight out. But as a result whole board is being warped. Which results it looking like CPU cooler is being fault as its sitting where warp effect is at highest and has straignt heatpipes to compare with other straight lines.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Have heard of people buying a holders for GPUs, maybe they have for CPUs as well?

1 hour ago, loopie said:

Have heard of people buying a holders for GPUs, maybe they have for CPUs as well?

GPU sagging is due to lack of rigid mounting. CPU coolers rarely sag.

You can check to see if the cooler is sagging by pushing up on it until it's square and seeing if it falls back down when you let go. Chances are that the cooler isn't sagging. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

GPU sagging is due to lack of rigid mounting. CPU coolers rarely sag.

You can check to see if the cooler is sagging by pushing up on it until it's square and seeing if it falls back down when you let go. Chances are that the cooler isn't sagging. 

Thats exactly what i was doing when i push up on the cooler the whole board around it flex up and then when i release it it drops down again 

I have this cooler for like 2 weeks now before that i had cooler master seidon 12v which i used for good 4 years and the water inside was almost gone so i decided to go for an air cooling 

3 minutes ago, HristoBB said:

Thats exactly what i was doing when i push up on the cooler the whole board around it flex up and then when i release it it drops down again 

I have this cooler for like 2 weeks now before that i had cooler master seidon 12v which i used for good 4 years and the water inside was almost gone so i decided to go for an air cooling 

Have you tried reseating the cooler and motherboard? Make sure that you're using the correct motherboard screws and that all the screws are screwed in all the way. 

There shouldn't be any sag if all the screws on the motherboard and cooler are tight unless the cooler is defective. 

7 hours ago, loopie said:

There's no need. The way physics and cooler mounting works prevents the need. Bigger coolers come with backplates. When backplate is used, weight of CPU cooler is divided across whole motherboard. So when cooler is tight, whole mobo would be moving when cooler is moved. Which means that if mobo isn't tight, it will bend. But the CPU socket itself isn't moving.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There's no need. The way physics and cooler mounting works prevents the need. Bigger coolers come with backplates. When backplate is used, weight of CPU cooler is divided across whole motherboard. So when cooler is tight, whole mobo would be moving when cooler is moved. Which means that if mobo isn't tight, it will bend. But the CPU socket itself isn't moving.

my mobo is pretty small tho and is held with 6 screws and also my case has a big hole behind the mobo so a backplate can be fitted easily 

i tried putting the cooler on oposite direction but it's the same cooler is straight mobo is bending

On 1/26/2018 at 3:35 AM, HristoBB said:

Yeah it is the motherboard that is flexing not the cooler itself ..

Jonathan Parker no i am not getting any errors or performance issues at all it is just that it doesn't look pretty 

There is a picture that i tried to take but it is not so clear it's much more visible in person 

27393869_1676695745755122_199451818_o.jpg

That looks like a glass side pane; am I correct? If so, and you have any hard packing foam on hand, you can always paint it black and put it between the glass and the cooler so when you close the side panel, it will push the cooler against the board and straighten it out. Worked for me with an acrylic panel in the past. :-)

18 minutes ago, Archon42 said:

That looks like a glass side pane; am I correct? If so, and you have any hard packing foam on hand, you can always paint it black and put it between the glass and the cooler so when you close the side panel, it will push the cooler against the board and straighten it out. Worked for me with an acrylic panel in the past. :-)

Yes it is glass 
my case has 3 tempered glass panels for sides and front it is Segotep K7 
but i kinda liked the Be Quiet logo on the top of the cooler :D 

IMG_5577.JPG