Asus motherboard doesn’t post

Hello,

i have an Asus Maximus apex X Z370 motherboard, this motherboard has 4 pci-e 16x slots and I have 4 EVGA 1080ti’s installed, but with 4 cards I can’t come further than a black screen with in the top left corner a flickering white line. When I have turned 1 slot off I can get into Windows with 3 gpus but with 4 I can’t even get in the bios. When I am in the bios and I want to switch the pci bus to 4x_4 and click save it doesn’t save.

Can someone help me.

12 minutes ago, Thimo said:

Hello,

i have an Asus Maximus apex X Z370 motherboard, this motherboard has 4 pci-e 16x slots and I have 4 EVGA 1080ti’s installed, but with 4 cards I can’t come further than a black screen with in the top left corner a flickering white line. When I have turned 1 slot off I can get into Windows with 3 gpus but with 4 I can’t even get in the bios. When I am in the bios and I want to switch the pci bus to 4x_4 and click save it doesn’t save.

Can someone help me.

1. SLI is limited to 2 cards. Not 4.

2. WIth a CF4 configuration you need x4/x4/x4/x4 on PCIE

3. Ignoring that, which is probaly the problem anyway, what are your ull system specs?

You might as well have bought 2 Titan V's instead of 4 GTX 1080 Ti's and gone with the SLI. Maybe your BIOS isn't working try updating it. Maybe your motherboard could be broken it really depends.

My dude why would you buy 4 of those for $4,800 when you could've bought 384,000 robux instead. Be smart with your money vro.

I checked and all slots are working independently and all the cards work as well. The bios was updated to the latest version yesterday.

3 hours ago, ErrantNyles said:

1. SLI is limited to 2 cards. Not 4.

2. WIth a CF4 configuration you need x4/x4/x4/x4 on PCIE

3. Ignoring that, which is probaly the problem anyway, what are your ull system specs?

I don’t want to use SLI and when I try to change my motherboard settings to x4/x4/x4/x4 and click save it restarts as normal but it doesn’t save that.

specs:

asus maximus X apex

i3 8100

8gb ram

4 x EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

1500w cooler master master watt

120 gn Sandisk SSD

5 hours ago, Thimo said:

I don’t want to use SLI and when I try to change my motherboard settings to x4/x4/x4/x4 and click save it restarts as normal but it doesn’t save that.

specs:

asus maximus X apex

i3 8100

8gb ram

4 x EVGA 1080ti FTW 3

1500w cooler master master watt

120 gn Sandisk SSD

Expansion Options

That's your processor.