How to hook up dual PSUs with risers

So im looking at hooking up a couple 1060s to my current gaming build to mine, but I don't have the space in my case for them, just a couple single slot pcie x1s. I already have a few of the usb risers for the cards, and they will reach outside my case no issue, which is great, but I'm not entirely sure how to run the power to the cards. I have an extra cx450m laying around I can use, which would be much better than running power lines out of my case for them but tbh I'm not entirely sure the proper way of hooking it up. 

Will it work properly if I toss a jumper on the 24 pin, plug the sata connectors in from the riser boards, and then another gpu line from the external psu to the GPUs themselves? Or is the power to the riser board not required if the GPU is powered externally? Also will I have any issues with the GPUs being powered if I shut down my main system? 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On January 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM, SCGazelle said:

Use something like this Add2PSU adaptor to get your second power supply to turn on with the rest of your system.

Thats what I just bought. It's a cleaner install. And I think it works better

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

23 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

Thats what I just bought. It's a cleaner install. And I think it works better

I ended up ordering the other one recommended, just because it was cheaper and I think I'm using all the sata ports on the one line I have from my psu, so I'd have to add another just for it. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to run the cable out of my case though... 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

4 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

I ended up ordering the other one recommended, just because it was cheaper and I think I'm using all the sata ports on the one line I have from my psu, so I'd have to add another just for it. 

I'm not sure how I'm going to run the cable out of my case though... 

That was my problem, I couldn't reach where the second psu was sitting without it looking no like crap.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

57 minutes ago, Mk7-Golf-R said:

That was my problem, I couldn't reach where the second psu was sitting without it looking no like crap.

Luckily I have a cablemod extension installed, so i think i can attach it between there. The problem still is I'm going have to dremel an area beside my psu. A 24 pin won't fit through the bottom pcie slot in my case, and it has a TG panel on both sides so I cant do anything around the back... 

These GPUs need to hurry up and pay for a dedicated board and cpu so I can get my case back to looking spectacular.