Battalion 1944

5narkY

I got to play a little bit of the closed beta this past weekend, so far I am digging the game. It has a few things that need to be addressed (ie: hitbox mis-alignment, accuracy when jumping-will discuss this more later, and overall minor tweaks and polishing.

As an OG Call of Duty United Offensive competitive player, this game brings back fond memories of the gameplay that has been lost by new modern FPS titles.

Curious as to if anyone else played it and what their feelings are.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz  Cooling: Corsair Water Cooling  Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 5  RAM: 8GB GSkill Sniper Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz  GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)  Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D  Storage:  1TB WD and Samsung SATA  PSU: Thermaltake 850watt Smart Series  Monitors: Asus 27" and Dell Ultrasharp 24"  Keyboard: Logitech G613  Mouse: Razer Taipan  Headset: Logitech G433

I played it. Like it so far. Gun play feels good and the movement is fluid. What annoyed me however is that there is basically no jumping inaccuracy. Jumping around a corner guns-blazing is way too effective. Especially if you play the competitive mode. I would like to see a massive reduction of the accuracy while jumping. Also the lag man THE LAG israel. FPS is near perfect but the hit reg and hitboxes are way off. Also can you shoot through wooden walls? I don’t think so but I got killed behind corners way to often. Imagination?

On a gameplay note: I don't like that you can see how long it takes to defuse a bomb and how much time there is left. Not knowing how much time you have left to defuse makes it more intense.

The card system in comp. is very nice and refreshing. Opens a lot of ways for tactical moves.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

On 1/24/2018 at 1:09 PM, crosstiger said:

I played it. Like it so far. Gun play feels good and the movement is fluid. What annoyed me however is that there is basically no jumping inaccuracy. Jumping around a corner guns-blazing is way too effective. Especially if you play the competitive mode. I would like to see a massive reduction of the accuracy while jumping. Also the lag man THE LAG israel. FPS is near perfect but the hit reg and hitboxes are way off. Also can you shoot through wooden walls? I don’t think so but I got killed behind corners way to often. Imagination?

On a gameplay note: I don't like that you can see how long it takes to defuse a bomb and how much time there is left. Not knowing how much time you have left to defuse makes it more intense.

The card system in comp. is very nice and refreshing. Opens a lot of ways for tactical moves.

They fixed the jump accuracy last update. Check the Steam info and it has a diagram :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz  Cooling: Corsair Water Cooling  Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 5  RAM: 8GB GSkill Sniper Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz  GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA)  Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D  Storage:  1TB WD and Samsung SATA  PSU: Thermaltake 850watt Smart Series  Monitors: Asus 27" and Dell Ultrasharp 24"  Keyboard: Logitech G613  Mouse: Razer Taipan  Headset: Logitech G433

5v5 seems weird.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Not really, we use to play 5v5  SnD and 5v5 CTF matches back in the CoD United Offensive days. 5v5 is actually perfect.

21 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

5v5 seems weird.