Need Help! Random System Reboots No BSOD

The Problem: 

My system keeps on crashing on me without any warning (no BSODs, no notification, nothing) and it comes back on immediately like nothing happened. At first i though it was the psu which was a 500watt cooler-master which according to my gpu was the bare minimum so i thought the gpu was the one draining to much power and causing crashes. Eventually the psu broke down and started overheating so last night i went and got a new one a Corsair VS650 thinking the crashes were finally behind me but alas that was not what happened  it still crashes just like it did before.

The frequency of crashes is completely random sometimes the system would run for the entire day and crash or not at all. sometimes it would crash right after it starts. Sometimes it crashes twice in a row. It can crash on idle, games, youtube anything really.

P.S A while ago some water got into my system and fell right on my gpu which made my screen tear so i shut the system and found water right on the gpu and ram dried it for 12 hours and put it back in and the system ran this was almost a year ago and system still run.
Could the GPU be the cause of my crashes or would the gpu have had stopped working entirely if it suffered damage that day.

MOBO: DH67CL
CPU: i5-2400
RAM: Corsair XMS 3 dual kit 2x2 gb
RAM: Transcend 8gb
HDD: 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA

CORSAIR VS650
GPU: GTX 1070 STRIX

Welcome to the Forums!

You basically went from a bad PSU to another bad PSU.. The VS series is basically garbage tier.

But like @Pangea2017 said, try using the iGPU in your CPU, that means (again, like he said) that you got to remove your current GPU and hook your monitor up to your video inputs on your motherboard.

I also suspect that the power switch cable is loose in the motherboardheader, causing it to glitch. Take a look at that.

The system you have seems pretty strange tbh.

Old CPU, 2x2GB RAM, bad PSU paired with an enthusiast grade GPU. ce2.png

5 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

....You can also look at the Windows system event viewer.

System Viewer has critical event logged but from what i can tell there doesn't seem to be much correlation between the unexpected shutdown event and other logged events. Some error events of shutdown have more than half an hour of gap between them and other system events

As for removing GPU and stress will have to try that but like i said it is random sometimes the system can run for days without failure.

5 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Welcome to the Forums!

You basically went from a bad PSU to another bad PSU.. The VS series is basically garbage tier.

I knew the topic about VS being garbage would come up. Where I live PSUs are expensive and i would have had to spend twice as much on a decent PSU as opposed to their US retail price which i didn't feel like doing for a system i am going to bin in a year.

2 hours ago, LelouchViTitan said:

I knew the topic about VS being garbage would come up. Where I live PSUs are expensive and i would have had to spend twice as much on a decent PSU as opposed to their US retail price which i didn't feel like doing for a system i am going to bin in a year.

Fair enough!

Glad to report the GPU was not the problem. After removing the GPU i got similar symptoms with only one change i got BSODs this time which jogged my memory, this was something i got occasionally prior to buying my GPU and after installing it I stopped getting those and got Crash without BSOD instead

What are the bsod errors? 

Have you checked the windows for corruption? 

Maybe you have more then one issue.

Shut down with no warning is one problem, a bsod is another issue

Usually a bsod can be hardware or software (it's software in most cases)

While a shutdown with no warning is almost always a hardware issue 

Maybe test ram, cpu, etc. 

Run sfc, etc

Post some bsod dumps too

Thats a fairly.... interesting ram configuration.

Are they all matching speeds? 

16 hours ago, ElSeniorTaco said:

What are the bsod errors? 

Have you checked the windows for corruption? 

The first time i got a BSOD it was a kernel module issue, the second time i got something about memory module.

Ran MEMTEST i got errors immediately so i removed ran another test only on the 8gb ram for an hour and got no error so one of the other two or both have gone bad.

But the kernel issue remains i believe because after testing the ram i put the GPU back in and again i got a crash with no BSOD

9 minutes ago, LelouchViTitan said:

The first time i got a BSOD it was a kernel module issue, the second time i got something about memory module.

Ran MEMTEST i got errors immediately so i removed ran another test only on the 8gb ram for an hour and got no error so one of the other two or both have gone bad.

But the kernel issue remains i believe because after testing the ram i put the GPU back in and again i got a crash with no BSOD

Make sure you check your CPU temps too.

It's probably not it, but whenever I hear of systems behaving this way,

it's the first thing I always say to check because you want to nip that in the butt right away if that's what it is.

Oh, and check your reliability monitor in windows.

See if it gave any red or yellow marked errors while this happened. 

It could give you some clues.

hit the windows key - type reliability monitor.

report back to us what you see at the time that this happened.