How do i Install Windows 10 on a Software RAID 0?

Go to solution Solved by xentropa,

Its not possible.

Software raid only works when the software for it is loaded in the memory.  When you shutdown the pc, memory is cleared.  The boot drive has to move info into the memory.

You cant move info from a drive when there is no software to manage it.

So Im upgrading my storage from a 500gb HDD to 2 1tb HDDs in RAID 0. My mobo doesn't support Hardware raid so i set it up with software on Windows 10 (using Storage Spaces). The thing is i can't figure out how to install windows on my new HDDs. I tried cloning my whole system with EaseUS to it (it cloned it but it didn't boot up). I tried installing a fresh Win10 with a flash drive (it showed error message: We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one). I haven't been able to find a tutorial on how to install an OS on a software RAID 0 system to the point where I think it might not even be possible. Can someone help me or at least point me in the right direction? i've been 12 hours straight trying to do this and I finally ran out of ideas.

Its not possible.

Software raid only works when the software for it is loaded in the memory.  When you shutdown the pc, memory is cleared.  The boot drive has to move info into the memory.

6 minutes ago, xentropa said:

Its not possible.

ok, got it. Is there any way to add Hardware RAID functionality to my MOBO? like buying something that connects to the PCIe port?

Pcie raid boot theoretically is possible, though seems more trouble than its worth.

What kind of motherboard u got?

If you want speed, Id pick up a cheap ssd.