Weird SSD problem

M-ursu
Go to solution Solved by brob,

If explorer is not set to show hidden files and folders I suspect it's most likely there are hidden files and/or folders in the directory. In the explorer window click Organize | Folder and search options | View tab. You should see a radio button set Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

So i had over 80Gb of free space in my SSD's and now they are full, i checked every folder and noticed this:

post-2255-0-71711100-1387123884_thumb.pn

This shows that this folder contain 86GB of files, but when i open and watch that folder, it shows that it only have 7GB of stuff in it:

post-2255-0-16332100-1387123892_thumb.pn 

What should i do to?

It could be some kind of problem with the data it shows.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Try running CC cleaner.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Run Disk Cleanup, select "clean up system files" and let it load again. from there go to the second tab and click the button "clean system restore/shadow copys". Also while your at it check the size of your Virtual RAM

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

see if you have any hidden files. There is a software on the net which scans the whole drive and tells you which file is taking how much space even if it's hidden. i can't seem to remember it as it has been a while since i used it. Google it, find it. It helped me a lot!

hiding folder apps take away the total size of the storage.

for example you have a new app which takes about 2gb out of 60gb.

when you use 3rd party softwares to hide folder in an attempt to protect your data from other people who use your pc, you will notice that your size has been decreased. it will be 58GB out of 58GB instead of 60/60.

Another possible problem could be that your SSD is near some sort of weird magnetic field. btw did you drop it by any chance?

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

nope

tell me the brand? how long have you been using it?

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

If explorer is not set to show hidden files and folders I suspect it's most likely there are hidden files and/or folders in the directory. In the explorer window click Organize | Folder and search options | View tab. You should see a radio button set Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

i have 2 kingston hyperX 3k 120GB ssd's in raid 0

if your ssds are working fine, then it could be a raid issue :|

if your ssds are working fine, then it could be a raid issue :|

Hey, i found the issue:

post-2255-0-17741900-1387129024_thumb.pn

Can i delete them all? (there is 97million empty folders)

Hey, i found the issue:

attachicon.gifNäyttökuva (46).png

Yes, as far as i know you can delete them but wait for others to reply.as well

Hey, i found the issue:

attachicon.gifNäyttökuva (46).png

Could break something. Are they all in the same folder? If so, can you provide an English translation for the path (if it includes a username you can just use "username").

Could break something. Are they all in the same folder? If so, can you provide an English translation for the path (if it includes a username you can just use "username").

They are all here:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp

They are all here:

Yep temp.. delete them, im sure CCleaner would do it for you. Or disk cleanup though

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

They are all here:

You should be able to use Disk Clean Up. Windows Start, in search type "disk cleanup", then run the program. Check the box to clean up temporary files, if it isn't already selected.