iDac installation failure

alexyousef

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased an iDac from iFi. I have been trying to install it on my windows machine but now it will not detect.

The problem stemmed from mistakenly connecting the sound card before I ran the driver install. Preferably i dont want to do a clean install of windows to reinstall the driver if such a thing is possible.

I cant seem to find any corrupt devices in device manager. I am currently using a samsung series 9 laptop if that matters.

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased an iDac from iFi. I have been trying to install it on my windows machine but now it will not detect.

The problem stemmed from mistakenly connecting the sound card before I ran the driver install. Preferably i dont want to do a clean install of windows to reinstall the driver if such a thing is possible.

I cant seem to find any corrupt devices in device manager. I am currently using a samsung series 9 laptop if that matters.

Is it that it's just not playing or that it's definitely NOT in your sound properties as a selectable audio output?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

bus2.jpg

Try uninstalling all related drivers in device manager, If the idac came with a cd then start with that before you do anything else.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Is it that it's just not playing or that it's definitely NOT in your sound properties as a selectable audio output?

its definitely not in sound properties since the driver failed to install

Also, maybe Driver Sweeper software will help clear a mis-installed driver.

I will try this and see if there is any progress from this

havent had any success with the driver sweeper software sadly