PS4 Controller on PS3

AWayne
Go to solution Solved by AWayne,

Turns out the micro usb port in the front of the controller was faulty. I bought A charging dock to go through the EXT port on the front of the controller. Once it was charged up, it works and connected just fine.

Hello LTT Community,

Wondering if you all could help me troubleshoot here. So I bought a PS4 controller for my ps3 as finding a legitimate PS3 Controller is hard these days and I thought If I ever upgrade it would be good to have. I've seen multiple posts and videos about how to register my PS4 controller to my PS3 but whenever I do, My PS4 controller connects via bluetooth for a second then turns off. I can plug the controller in via a USB cable and the controller works like a charm, but wirelessly It doesn't connect for more than a split second. I have tried resetting the PS4 controller, checking for updates on my PS3. Wondering if I am missing something or if I just have a faulty Controller. I bought the controller off Wal-Mart's Website as I had gift cards for walmart. 

Any and all help is Appreciated! Thanks

Turns out the micro usb port in the front of the controller was faulty. I bought A charging dock to go through the EXT port on the front of the controller. Once it was charged up, it works and connected just fine.